• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Autocracy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of benefits, something with good intentions that sort of sucks: healthcare flex spending accounts. Like, I've gotta predict how much medical expenses I'll accrue next year and divert to a pre-tax FSA. If you guess low, you miss out on some decent tax benefits. If you guess high, you're fucked because it's use it or lose it and the money doesn't carry forward. You end up in this weird gray zone where you get to the end of the year and you're like, "fuck, if only my castration wasn't fully covered by insurance!"

What’s the name of that pie you referenced recently?

It's real and it's spectacular.

I listen to a decent amount of metal, but lots of mine tends to be pretty melodic and from Europe. Only some of it is thrashy.

If you're looking for a thrashy sound, I like Amon Amarth (With Oden on our Side is my favorite). They only perform songs about vikings, which is kinda cliche, but still sounds good.

Lately, I've been listening to Arch Enemy's War Eternal. They recently switched from a male to female lead, which is an interesting leap.

If you're interested in the more melodic sound, I can write some of that up too.

What’s the name of that pie you referenced recently?

Atlantic Beach Pie at Crook's Corner? Is your guidance that I just start housing those things, plump up a bit to fatty boomboom, incur more healthcare expenses and not have to worry about failing to spend all my FSA money? I have to say that is tempting.

Anyone on here listen to heavy rock/metal/whatever genre that is? Gotten into listening to Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden type stuff at work. Good background noise and enjoy a good bit of it. Never really listened to this before. Any good suggestions in this arena?

Speaking of benefits, something with good intentions that sort of sucks: healthcare flex spending accounts. Like, I've gotta predict how much medical expenses I'll accrue next year and divert to a pre-tax FSA. If you guess low, you miss out on some decent tax benefits. If you guess high, you're fucked because it's use it or lose it and the money doesn't carry forward. You end up in this weird gray zone where you get to the end of the year and you're like, "fuck, if only my castration wasn't fully covered by insurance!"

Apparently we can now carry over up to $500 year to year. Still a bit of a gamble (like this year I didn't put a ton in because I didn't realize my daughter would end up needing glasses, which used up pretty much everything), but now I can put in at least $500+X and know that I can carry over some I don't use.

I'm in open enrollment right now as well and our new benefit that is throwing me for a loop is some new supplemental insurance options (accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity). I don't think I'm going to do any of them, but could end up kicking myself later if something goes down in 2018.

Atlantic Beach Pie at Crook's Corner? Is your guidance that I just start housing those things, plump up a bit to fatty boomboom, incur more healthcare expenses and not have to worry about failing to spend all my FSA money? I have to say that is tempting.

*disclaimer: this is not legal advice

Speaking of desserts, anyone else tried Halo Top ice cream? Got some via a coupon at Target last weekend and that shit was p good and less unhealthy than reg ice cream ! As a fan of ice cream and desserts generally, I endorse !

Apparently we can now carry over up to $500 year to year. Still a bit of a gamble (like this year I didn't put a ton in because I didn't realize my daughter would end up needing glasses, which used up pretty much everything), but now I can put in at least $500+X and know that I can carry over some I don't use.

I'm in open enrollment right now as well and our new benefit that is throwing me for a loop is some new supplemental insurance options (accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity). I don't think I'm going to do any of them, but could end up kicking myself later if something goes down in 2018.

Seems like those supplemental insurance options are always pretty useless.

Speaking of desserts, anyone else tried Halo Top ice cream? Got some via a coupon at Target last weekend and that shit was p good and less unhealthy than reg ice cream ! As a fan of ice cream and desserts generally, I endorse !

I haven't tried, but I'm intrigued. Saw a multi-pack of Birthday Cake flavor at Costco but didn't want to commit to that amount. Isn't it like 285 calories per pint or something? That's basically per serving (times 4) in a pint of Ben & Jerry's or Talenti or something.

All those type of dessert leave a weird aftertaste and need to be careful because very easily could lead to a literal loose butthole since the sugar component is alcohol sugars.

I eat a lot less ice cream in the fall and winter.

is it like other "light" ice creams that are just whipped with more air so you're just getting less ice cream?

All those type of dessert leave a weird aftertaste and need to be careful because very easily could lead to a literal loose butthole since the sugar component is alcohol sugars.

I dunno I've tried the cookie dough and oatmeal ones and they were p good had no weird aftertaste and didn't result in LBH.

is it like other "light" ice creams that are just whipped with more air so you're just getting less ice cream?

Talenti is just 100% awesome. There's literally no downside to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back