• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thoroughly convinced that I would get my head shot off on day one of any war I participated in.

Everyone except Upham. One of my most hated characters in any movie. However, that's probably exactly how you're supposed to feel, which means the actor did an awesome job. Also, I would have probably been just as big of a pussy as Upham had I been in WWII.

Yeah, hated that character. Very well written/directed/portrayed character. When upham is sitting on the stairs crying while Adam Goldberg’s character is being slowly stabbed through the heart is so hard to watch.

I am thoroughly convinced that I would get my head shot off on day one of any war I participated in.

On 9/12/01, when we still hadn’t heard from my dad who worked across the street from the WTC at Merrill Lynch, it briefly occurred to me that I was going to enlist if he turned up dead or forever missing. But he was fine and I know I’d be a terrible soldier.

ESPN is just a bunch of women talking about sports.

ESPN is just a bunch of women talking about sports.

It’s an improvement. The women are across the board better than the old guy talking heads.

He was actually real good. Everyone was good to amazing in that movie. (We talked about it in the chat thread a few weeks ago cause it was briefly available on net flicks)

don't forget Nathan Fillion

We’ve probably discussed this before, but how much $$$ would it take for you to never work a paying job again? I want to say $10m but that seems low considering a house, car, etc.

How much do your house and car have left to pay off geez?

For me to retire today I’d probably take $4-5M to fund existing lifestyle in perpetuity. Without using math to do a real calculation. Maybe less idk, I’m not that young anymore so how much longer do I really plan to work anyway.

You guys know you could invest that lump sum, right?

3% of $10mil is $300k. Even now you could come up with a pretty conservative portfolio yielding 3%.

I’d like to think I could live off that.

go check out the hoops highlights of the girl that just won the spelling bee

If I were king for a day I would mandate that all streaming services and TV channels have to maintain the same volume level (including commercials).

How much do your house and car have left to pay off geez?

For me to retire today I’d probably take $4-5M to fund existing lifestyle in perpetuity. Without using math to do a real calculation. Maybe less idk, I’m not that young anymore so how much longer do I really plan to work anyway.

More like I’d want to upgrade or move, especially since I am still renting. Would definitely get a nicer car, too.

I think what I would be doing not having to work would eat into that $$ quick. I’m not gonna be sitting on my hands.

See I'd think I'd risk it cause I don't have or want kids. Come 65-70, I'd pull in a little social security. I wouldn't try and life solely on the interest, I'd be willing to spend down the savings. Either way, I'm aiming for a semi-retirement at 50, with me maybe doing a side gig for 10-20hrs/week, wife working a lil and then the social security.

The hard part is coming from a place with no investment gains, as its entirely possible the stock market loses 30% over the next decade right when I'm hitting my peak earnings with which to invest.

whenever i wake up at 4 and check to see what i missed last night, and the first thread is the hot chicks thread updated by awaken at 2am, it's a little weird to know that this dude just basically announced to all wake forest fans that he was masturbating.

Everyone except Upham. One of my most hated characters in any movie. However, that's probably exactly how you're supposed to feel, which means the actor did an awesome job. Also, I would have probably been just as big of a pussy as Upham had I been in WWII.

My dad and I had a discussion about Upham over July 4. We know a mutual friend who is a giant pussy like Upham.

My father and I agreed that Upham isn't evil, but he's whatever is right next to evil. Certainly not good.

whenever i wake up at 4 and check to see what i missed last night, and the first thread is the hot chicks thread updated by awaken at 2am, it's a little weird to know that this dude just basically announced to all wake forest fans that he was masturbating.

When youngbuck or deaconson post about Mako's mom, I'm in the same boat as awaken. I just can't help myself over that woman.

Jesus allergies are kicking my ass rn. Normally take an Allegra every morning. Had to take a second one last night while watching TV as they sort of snuck up on me all of the sudden. And they're still doing terrible after I took my morning one. without a doubt the worst part about living in NC.

More like I’d want to upgrade or move, especially since I am still renting. Would definitely get a nicer car, too.

I think what I would be doing not having to work would eat into that $$ quick. I’m not gonna be sitting on my hands.

I suppose. I was thinking of it like a retirement question, what would allow me to not work now. not like a lottery winner.

On 9/12/01, when we still hadn’t heard from my dad who worked across the street from the WTC at Merrill Lynch, it briefly occurred to me that I was going to enlist if he turned up dead or forever missing. But he was fine and I know I’d be a terrible soldier.

How's the bird scene in Afghanistan and Iraq?

lollll --- awaken is an unsung hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back