• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, my rainbows always lasted a year tops with how much i used to wear flip flops.. so i swapped to reefs for a long time and they were both more comfortable and lasted longer

these days i just rock chacos or luna sandals if i want something lighter/more like flip flops

Yeah the sole always became separated

I’ve had two pairs of rainbows for 12+ years. Still solid and I wear them almost daily year round.

Anyone know of someone on a budget that might want to refurbish a stainless steel 3 burner Char-Broil gas grill? It's heavier duty than the modern ones, has a side burner, and needs probably about a hundred dollars of parts for refurbishment.

I've been waiting for bulky item pick up to just put it on the street, but that's still on hold due to Covid-19.

I'm going to either take it to the dump or put it out on the street to see if anyone picks it up. Unless any or y'all want it or know of someone that might.

In Winston-Salem. Send PM of you want it.

I can’t think of anything I want for my birthday apart from books and records which I buy for myself anyway all the time

Just a heads up, but I'm ten days out after the appendectomy. Shits are back to normal. Real nice.

I can’t think of anything I want for my birthday apart from books and records which I buy for myself anyway all the time

I typically get shitty birthday presents because I am the same as you here.

But this year will be different. I'm starting a new project next month to build an indoor climbing wall in my garage. 18' ceilings ftw. So I'm asking my family/friends to come up with a crazy object to make into a hold - epoxied hard back book, deer antler, etc.

Sandal talk is timely, as I just broke my black OluKais after about 8 years of frequent use. My brown ones broke about a year ago after ~10 years and I've just been using the black ones until this weekend. Was thinking I'd try something new, but I think the move is to just buy two new pairs of OluKais.

I also don't own a pair of slip-on shoes... But I'd like to. Any recommendations there? Are Sanuks any good? Or is there something out there I don't even know about?

what about gifts to experiences: food tours, cooking classes, sports games, restaurant gift cards, etc.

I realize COVID fucks this up, but generally speaking those are good gifts

right, generally i do want those things (specifically concert tickets or restaurant gift cards)

these days less so

man I miss concerts. had 3 concerts scheduled in April (2 nights of Drive-By Truckers and JRAD). Both rescheduled to the fall -- the DBT just got moved to TBD in 2021, no word yet on JRAD but no way it happens.

worst part was my phone calendar still had the original dates listed so I got sad little reminders on the nights they were supposed to be.

man I miss concerts. had 3 concerts scheduled in April (2 nights of Drive-By Truckers and JRAD). Both rescheduled to the fall -- the DBT just got moved to TBD in 2021, no word yet on JRAD but no way it happens.

worst part was my phone calendar still had the original dates listed so I got sad little reminders on the nights they were supposed to be.

Yep - my phone has reminded me to check in for flights/go to the airport a couple times that of course have gotten cancelled. Extra insult to injury.

Sandal talk is timely, as I just broke my black OluKais after about 8 years of frequent use. My brown ones broke about a year ago after ~10 years and I've just been using the black ones until this weekend. Was thinking I'd try something new, but I think the move is to just buy two new pairs of OluKais.

I also don't own a pair of slip-on shoes... But I'd like to. Any recommendations there? Are Sanuks any good? Or is there something out there I don't even know about?

I've never had a pair but those new OluKai no-tie boat shoes look pretty comfy. Back folds down.

10238_WGWG_001_M_NoheaMoku_WindGrey_655x655.jpg

I feel the same way about their sneakers.

10395_25TW_001_M_AlapaLi_PoiTradewind_a512e832-47af-4dff-bb10-16525dce8a9d_655x655.jpg

after buying AllBirds all my Instagram ads were for the apparent thousands of other start-up shoe brands. Anyone tried any? The Vessi waterproof ones look kinda ok.

Yeah, once I bought one pair of stretchy pants I got a million ads from Free Fly, Vuori, Olivers, Mack Weldon, etc.

same with baby sleep sacks. bought a couple of Nested Beans which our son seems to like fine and thereafter tons of ads.

I have a hard time finding shorts that I like, so I just bought a bunch from this one Instagram ad across different sizes/inseam lengths

I think my first IG apparel purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back