• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a Folgers commercial featuring a French press.

No one is putting fucking Folgers in a French press.

the-best-part-of-waking-up-is-folgers-in-your-butt.jpg

maybe french people do. they prounounce is fol-ZHAIRS

Early on in the Great Quarantine we bought a Breville Espresso maker and it is an absolute game changer.

I would love to spend some time in South America and learn more about their BBQ techniques while drinking red wine.

Career change coming up for your boy. Pretty excited to not be away from home for months out of the year.

Career change coming up for your boy. Pretty excited to not be away from home for months out of the year.

Congratulations on murdering your father-in-law and taking over his small-town, multi-level marketing enterprise! Those bootstraps look good on you, young man!

So the only reason to go to SA is to drink wine? Driving to napa is easier.
Macchu Picchu, Bolivian Salt Flats, Nazca Lines, Patagonia, etc. People sleep on SA in favor of the Caribbean or Europe but South America is amazing.

Congratulations on murdering your father-in-law and taking over his small-town, multi-level marketing enterprise! Those bootstraps look good on you, young man!

this post deserves 1 million posreps. i think that would put you right behind the RATTLER in the rep list.

Macchu Picchu, Bolivian Salt Flats, Nazca Lines, Patagonia, etc. People sleep on SA in favor of the Caribbean or Europe but South America is amazing.

The Galápagos Islands, bro.

So the only reason to go to SA is to drink wine? Driving to napa is easier.

Little different when you're gazing at 20,000+ foot snowy/rocky peaks instead of 3,000 foot shrubbed hills that go up in flames annually. But you do you.

Note: I love Napa valley, too.

D'oh!

Easter Island, Iguazú also.

I think of all those places, I want to see the salt flats the most. Anyone ever been?

I went to Salar Uyuni back in 2007 and then the salt flats in northwestern Argentina in 2015. Pretty spectacular scenery, especially if you visit during the rainy season where the water pools reflect everything. The Bolivian flats are definitely more colorful and varied I found. Also very weird to go from hopping in hot springs in negative temps in the morning and then getting sunburn in the afternoon from the altitude. The entire landscape around Salta, Jujuy and Cafayate is Argentina is amazing.

somehow not from The Onion:

New York (CNN Business)Kraft wants you to wake up and smell the mac and cheese.

More Americans are eating at home as the pandemic spreads across the United States, and household routines are changing. So Kraft Heinz (KHC) announced Tuesday that it will rebrand its Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner along with its iconic blue box.

It's not getting a full redesign: The company is just adding the word "breakfast" — instead of dinner — to encourage Americans to start their day with neon orange cheesy noodles.

Congrats! Same field/industry or something different?

More Americans are eating at home as the pandemic spreads across the United States, and household routines are changing. So Kraft Heinz (KHC) announced Tuesday that it will rebrand its Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner along with its iconic blue box.

It's not getting a full redesign: The company is just adding the word "breakfast" — instead of dinner — to encourage Americans to start their day with neon orange cheesy noodles.

Bold strategy, Cotton.

Related: I did try this recently and it's not bad,

254267-600x600-A.jpg

My Spanish is serviceable, but not fluent by any stretch. That said, I've never had any issues in S.A. I've been to Chile 5 times in the past 10 years and I can't wait to go back soon. Generally, everyone I've met in Chile has been super nice. I spent two days for work about 10 years ago at a copper mining camp about 400km NE of Santiago up in the Andes and although none of those workers spoke so much as a single word of English, they were incredibly welcoming and just wanted to share grilled meat and cheap wine. It was awesome. Valpo is a really unique and cool city (albeit an exhausting place to walk around) and Santiago is just a really nice big city. It's one of the cleanest big cities I've been to (Buenos Aires, while awesome, is one of the dirtiest). And as tiger mentions, there are a ton of really accessible wine regions that are starting to put out some really good wines. One of the owners of our local wine shop is from Santiago and he hooked us up on our last visit with some visits to some otherwise private wineries and it was incredible.

Never been to Santiago, but would love to go some day.

After our February trip to Argentina, we started mapping a plan to move to BA for 4-6 weeks (looking at apartments, crunching the numbers, arrangements for the kids, etc.). COVID has obviously put that on hold, but I'd still like to do it one day. I don't know if an international work opportunity will ever present itself so the idea was to move down there and work remotely. If I ever hit the lotto, I'd buy a place in Patagonia / Mendoza and live there part time.

thank god for this ! I was looking for an easier way to make breakfast because putting a slice a bread into a toaster is utterly exhausting in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back