• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all of NC gets more snow in March than in December. Early-mid March definitely aint spring.

I really can't abide this Encyclopedia Brown hate

More anti-expert sentiment.

The one I remember is where the clue was an occupation that had three sets of double letters in a row. Bookkeeper.

The fact that the closest things we’ve had to The West Wing since then are House of Cards and Veep shows how we view politics.

So, the fucking basement flooded today. About an inch of water across the entire footprint of the (completely finished) basement. Huge storm rolled through today and the city storm drain system was completely overwhelmed, so the drain outside the basement door failed and water just piled up like a fishbowl and had nowhere to go but through our basement door. My back is killing me from bailing water out into the street/sidewalk for more than an hour and then wet vac’d the basement for another 2 hours before mopping with whole place with bleach. Every house on my block on my side of the street flooded. It was a shitshow. At least the poop from the waste sewer system that was also overwhelmed and that was coming up into the shower in the basement stopped short of spilling over the lip of the shower. So there’s that. Now I’m on 800mg ibuprofen and bourbon for the rest of the night. Also, I’m pretty certain I caught the AIDS or at least the hep from sloshing around in foul water all afternoon. Don’t think the bourbon will cure that, but we’ll see what happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So my question is, how do I convince my wife that this is a valid use of my time, especially right after she's been a single parent for 4 months during my basketball season?

You misspelled "tell"

Seriously though, independent of covid19, if you married they "right one" she'll understand. it will also require a plan ahead of time to make it up to her with something special.

The encyclopedia brown mystery I think a lot about is when he went to the house of one of the suspects and she answered the door with her hair up in a towel filing her nails, and he knew she did it because if she had just taken a shower then her nails would be too soft to file.

This is a perfect BBD origin story. Ignores woman in a towel to focus on her nail care routine.

i mean, that's the real problem

I don't like anything Sorkin does

You want some advice Pepsi generation? Don't send Tenacious Kory to slap around the West Wing in the Chat Thread. Anybody else. You, Chupe, District Deacon. Anyone but Rain Man. Don't manipulate him like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back