• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shit out your mouth bro?

tenor.gif

The Sting
James Bond. Just about any, but partial to the early Sean Connery ones.

I’m supposed to spend two weeks in Portugal next July. Odds on that happening?

Good. If Americans still aren't allowed to travel by next summer, it will be because [CENSORED FOR BRINGING POLITICS ONTO THE PIT]. PM me for some ideas.

The five year old has two cavities and freaked the fuck out at our dentist today after they numbed her mouth, so we have to go to a different dentist where they can knock her out to get them filled. Any experience with Tina Merhoff dentistry in Winston?

The five year old has two cavities and freaked the fuck out at our dentist today after they numbed her mouth, so we have to go to a different dentist where they can knock her out to get them filled. Any experience with Tina Merhoff dentistry in Winston?

You rural rubes need to stop brushing your kids' teeth with Mountain Dew.

That's my advice to you.

Are they adult teeth?

You rural rubes need to stop brushing your kids' teeth with Mountain Dew.

That's my advice to you.

Are they adult teeth?

Hell, no. They don't cause her any pain yet either. But that is apparently not a subject to currently be broached with my wife.

Hell, no. They don't cause her any pain yet either. But that is apparently not a subject to currently be broached with my wife.

I actually asked that because my wife uses fear to get our kids to brush their teeth well.

My argument against that has been that she is cultivating a fear of the dentist when she says things like, "You're going to hate it when you have to get your cavities filled! That's the worst!"

But my dad was a dentist, so I'm always a little leery of anti-dentites.

I actually asked that because my wife uses fear to get our kids to brush their teeth well.

My argument against that has been that she is cultivating a fear of the dentist when she says things like, "You're going to hate it when you have to get your cavities filled! That's the worst!"

But my dad was a dentist, so I'm always a little leery of anti-dentites.

I'm gonna withhold my antidentite conspiracy theories because I want us to remain ebffs, but financially with my child's rotten teeth it may not be a tragedy that Disney World and England/Scotland trips were cancelled this year.

did you not post a "dentists are a bunch of bullshit, just brush your teeth /thread" like two days ago?

did you not post a "dentists are a bunch of bullshit, just brush your teeth /thread" like two days ago?

I stand by this being an unnecessary procedure. My wife does not. Also, as I have proven in numerous instances I am often woefully ignorant, slow to grasp basic concepts, and nearly always wrong.

I stand by this being an unnecessary procedure. My wife does not. Also, as I have proven in numerous instances I am often woefully ignorant, slow to grasp basic concepts, and nearly always wrong.

You are me. My oldest has three cavities in baby teeth. Permanent teeth are fine. He brushes twice a day under supervision.

I put my foot down on that shit though; I'm not paying $400/tooth to fill baby teeth that aren't going to last more than a year or two more. If they hurt him, then we'll do something - but I'm not going through the expense and dentist trauma to fucking fill baby teeth.

You are me. My oldest has three cavities in baby teeth. Permanent teeth are fine. He brushes twice a day under supervision.

I put my foot down on that shit though; I'm not paying $400/tooth to fill baby teeth that aren't going to last more than a year or two more. If they hurt him, then we'll do something - but I'm not going through the expense and dentist trauma to fucking fill baby teeth.

Forwarded to my wife.

i mean, they are baby teeth but the infections can affect the gum/jaw.

It's a cavity, not an abscess. Are you my over-reactive wife? Do you need five across the eyes, too?*

*I do not condone domestic violence, but I do find joking about it to be a fertile ground for humor (like your mom).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back