• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCIV: negrep wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
while we're cleaning up the names/avatars can we fix YB's to something that you can decipher

i have settled into WFH on Mon and Fri; office Tues and Wed, Thursday depends on my mood and workload. I like it.
I'd be down with that, or some variation. My commute is 40 minutes away. A couple days at home would be very nice, but our college president isn't a fan of flexibility.

Average sales price for homes in Davie County jumped from 308k in December (n=114) to 384k in January (n=89)

I’m not a math guy, but that seems like a crazy increase in such a small time frame with such a large volume

Did anyone explain that this may be because people bought the cheaper homes on the market?

i like how the boards has come full circle to just ranking women again

except this time the people doing it are all like 40+ years old so it's just kinda sad

Did anyone explain that this may be because people bought the cheaper homes on the market?
I already broke out the data to figure out what happened - there is a new higher end housing development that went on the market in December, so the amount of >500k homes sold in Davie doubled from 8 to 16, and 3 of them were over 1 million dollars, which temporarily skewed the relatively consistent sale price average. I follow the monthly data for about 12 NC counties and I had never seen any county move by more than 25k in a month, so 75k was a very big outlier

I was full-time office technically but usually WFH'd 1-2 days/week. Most of the job opportunities I'm finding now are full-time remote so it would be something to get used to. I like going into the office and get a bit lonely during the day. I also thought I was more productive when in the office since always at my desk vs sitting on the couch some in the morning before going to my home office.

That is, if someone would actually ping me for an interview.

I'm probably more productive in the office with no distractions. We're fully hybrid. My boss doesn't care, but we do get together in the office now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back