• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did Wake all of the sudden get so good in baseball? haven't we been pretty middling for a while, kind of good last year (made the tourney)?
I think we’ve always been solid but not a contender in a very tough conference. We benefit from being able to recruit players whose parents can pay Wake tuition atop our scholly players, and we’ve been fairly stacked in recent years. Our coaching and little things have let us down (defense, base running, bullpen) in recent years.

We've had pretty solid talent the last few years overall. Our facilities are some of the best in the country. They're so good in some regards that MLB teams came to check out the pitching lab we have.

Our bats are absolutely stacked and arms are deeper this year. We also landed a few good transfers from Tulane and Lafayette this offseason.

For the past few years we have had strong hitting and starting pitching, it’s our base running, relief pitching and fielding that have killed us these past few seasons.

how did Wake all of the sudden get so good in baseball? haven't we been pretty middling for a while, kind of good last year (made the tourney)?
Started recruiting a lot of prep school kids of New England (I’m being serious)

Yeah just seems like this year we’re being talked about as legit CWS contenders when I don’t think that’s been the case otherwise lately?

Yeah just seems like this year we’re being talked about as legit CWS contenders when I don’t think that’s been the case otherwise lately?

We had similar hype a few years ago when some big names came back but we stunk it up.

Working theory (which seems to have been confirmed by comments from announcers recently) was that some of the players were more concerned about their pro prospects than team success.

How did that translate on the field? Baseball doesn't require as much sacrifice for the team as other sports. Was it attitude or were players trying to hit homers instead of advancing runners?

Need 2&2 to chime in and let me know if the snow coming will be a snowpocalypse or a milkwich

All this Bluegrass talk reminds me of when I started researching famous cases that later were used as the basis for Murder Ballads. I removed there being enough I was going to write a legal journal article about it. North Carolina has some cool history man. @mako1331 I feel like you could do something with this.

Last edited:
Update: it’s already dumping. Not a milkwich confirmed

All this Bluegrass talk reminds me of when I started researching famous cases that later were used as the basis for Murder Ballads. I removed there being enough I was going to a legal journal article about it. North Carolina has some cool history man. @mako1331 I feel like you could do something with this.
I do live like 10 miles from Ton Dula’s gravesite.

How did that translate on the field? Baseball doesn't require as much sacrifice for the team as other sports. Was it attitude or were players trying to hit homers instead of advancing runners?
It sounded like guys only cared about their average and hitting home runs. When they got into a funk, their defense suffered as well.

That came from a couple of the announcers this weekend, and possibly from comments by Wilken I think. It's definitely what the staff/players are talking about.

What’s the shovel your sidewalk protocol? I woke up at 5AM to a shovel just scraping along

10.2” already fell, another 4.5” expected by end of day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back