• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: exploring BBD's virtual bunghole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely don’t think I could give up coffee at this point but I also don’t have heartburn so

I’m not a coffee snob or anything but I really don’t care for the regular Starbucks drip coffee

Passing one in the airport or wherever, the smell is so off putting - kinda grape-y or something, I hate it
We don’t really have Starbucks in the core downtown area so I rarely have it but when I do I just go for the drinks that are basically desserts.

we have some of our best friends visiting from Winston this weekend and MIL unprompted volunteered to watch our son, which is nice and all so we can do some nice dinners. but then wife got a text from her brother asking about that bc apparently MIL was supposed to have coffee with BIL's GF's mom this weekend, and MIL canceled because she said had to do emergency babysitting.

Between the weather today and last night’s trauma I definitely foresee myself bailing out early for some afternoon beers.

Lol I get these Redfin emails about current listings and a 2k square foot condo in this new tower they are building downtown just went under contract for $1.88MM. That is insane.

That's what I thought too until my doctor told me I was rapidly headed towards Barret's Esophagus (sp?) and an increased risk of esophageal cancer :-(
Jesus yeah that’s pretty intense.

an absolute travesty what kind of world do you want to live
It's tough for sure. The biggest thing I miss is coffee as a social thing. I try to get tea when it's available though.

coffee built the Pyramids keeps our nations great Truckers on the road so they can deliver your Alexa device and it also makes you poop
oh yeah I also miss the more regular bowel movements :-(

Lol I get these Redfin emails about current listings and a 2k square foot condo in this new tower they are building downtown just went under contract for $1.88MM. That is insane.
real estate market is just stupid right now

simply cannot continue on its current trajectory, mathematically speaking

I don't think I've ever sent a dish back to the kitchen in my life

I’ve only done it a few times.

We were staying at a nice beach hotel in 2021 and they were struggling with staffing.

I ordered a very expensive steak medium rare. It came out well done and I sent it back. Then it came out seared and 100 percent raw in the middle and I sent that back. Then it came out medium well and I just ate it.

I’m definitely puzzled by the olive oil coffee thing but the Starbucks bro seems to be all in on it. I’ll give it a try when it’s in stores. How much did you use Diggler?
about a teaspoon.

we have some of our best friends visiting from Winston this weekend and MIL unprompted volunteered to watch our son, which is nice and all so we can do some nice dinners. but then wife got a text from her brother asking about that bc apparently MIL was supposed to have coffee with BIL's GF's mom this weekend, and MIL canceled because she said had to do emergency babysitting.

Hmm after that other exchange it’d be tempting for your wife to throw her under the bus.

I shudder at the thought of the shit this would produce in me

Wouldn’t even make it that far for me. Chugging a tsp of hot oil floating on top of the coffee probably would make me puke

Can't complain too much about my mil. We were visiting pre kids with our dog. She was pretty obnoxious about her desire for us to have kids. As we were leaving she handed me the bag with our dog stuff in it and said, "if only it was full of diapers." I responded "glad it's not" and kept walking.

In her defense after that weekend trip she asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday and my wife said, "for you to shut up about rhe kid bull shit for the next year." She did. Not a peep for an entire year. I was shocked.

my MIL is fine; a little intense but pretty great as far as MILs go; my wife has more issues than i do

FIL is awesome

my wife likes my parents so we're a big happy family most of the time.

Hmm after that other exchange it’d be tempting for your wife to throw her under the bus.
very tempting, but wife doesn't want to burn bridges and that bridge would get fucking nuked. no one holds a grudge like my MIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back