• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Finite: See you in church!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buxton Hall was just named a top 10 new restaurant by Bon Apetit. Need to try it.

i love bantam bagels, or b-holes. I hope the new name catches on.

Buxton Hall was just named a top 10 new restaurant by Bon Apetit. Need to try it.

I've probably been over 10 times already (it just pairs so well with an evening at burial/catawba). Definitely go for dinner instead of lunch, I suspect the bbq isn't as fresh at lunch because that's the one time I've had a truly underwhelming experience there.

If you are an HGTV addict - a couple that are acquaintances of ours here in Vienna did House Hunters International and just got the broadcast date announced. They are very nice, if a bit extremely "American" - moved from Florida to here and had never really been outside the US.

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/house-hunters-international/episodes/old-or-new-in-vienna-austria

Oh man puttersdeac is gonna be very excited about this since she already loves Vienna and loves it even more when there are "American" noobs on intl house hunters.

Are they slammed/will they now be slammed

They've pretty much always been slammed since opening tbh. It's a big space though and they're pretty good about keeping things moving. The good news is you can put your name down and then just have some beers next door at Catawba and check in every now and then w/ them on where you currently stand.

Elliott Moss was something of a legend around this town after his work at The Admiral + some of his popups he did in preparation for opening Buxton, so it was never really a well kept secret. I wouldn't expect awesome gourmet food or anything like that fwiw, but it's very good bbq. I also like the apps/sides a lot too. Mac'n'cheese + hash is awesome.

Oh man puttersdeac is gonna be very excited about this since she already loves Vienna and loves it even more when there are "American" noobs on intl house hunters.

They are really nice people and seem to fit in well here. Just reading the description HGTV has there though, I know they are going to play up the "OMG IT'S A BIG FOREIGN CITY" angle a ton with them.

Also - be ready to find out how ridiculously cheap Vienna is for the housing stock you find here. That will make puttersdeac even more excited.

have you guys caught this hashtag yet? pretty great stuff

OX4e7vo.jpg

oh my god that's fantastic stuff. really great. probably one of the best hashtags, can't be sure. wow!

And contrary to my text, if you're going to SW, you mine as well do 2oz of the Kobe or whatever, cause as that article says, you can only get it in like 6 places in the country, so would be a simple bucket list item.

Maybe it's the fat kid in me but I can't understand how someone would enjoy eating 2 measly ounces of meat.

Science PROVES that I officially might be a "super-recognizer". Take the test yourself, and the government might recruit you to the NSA or some shit. I got a 9, so not quite 10 level, but pretty close.

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/the...nizer-of-faces-and-you-can-take-it-right-now/

I talk about this with people all the time, but it is a super disconcerting ability to have. Especially since I have an absolutely terrible memory for names and events. So I'll see someone I recognize on the street and can't remember if they are a friend or colleague I am supposed to know or a random bartender I had two years ago or someone I went on a date with once. Life is hard.

I got 11 out of 14.

I don't pretend to know the inherent skills at play, but this feels like something that could be helped significantly with good training IMO.

Edit: I may have actually gotten 12 out of 14. After looking at the answers, turns out I misclicked one. For another, I was between two and picked incorrectly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back