• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread follow up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've got a question about black bears. When your using model selection for statistical inference on a set of alternative negative-binomial, generalized linear models and your AICc scores point pretty clearly to one specific model that far out-performs the null, but the p-values on the overall model and each individual covariate are really bad, what's your play? Some literature says just ignore the p-values, by my co-author is a bit worked up about it.
Whatever you do, LABEL YOUR X AXIS!

The city is putting in speed bumps on our street bc people fly down it & there’s a bunch of kids. Yesterday they poured a lot of concrete. Today they’re jackhammering all of the concrete they poured.

The city is putting in speed bumps on our street bc people fly down it & there’s a bunch of kids. Yesterday they poured a lot of concrete. Today they’re jackhammering all of the concrete they poured.
nothing slows people down like lane closures

or sleeping policemen to LadyYB

Hey guys, I've got a question about black bears. When your using model selection for statistical inference on a set of alternative negative-binomial, generalized linear models and your AICc scores point pretty clearly to one specific model that far out-performs the null, but the p-values on the overall model and each individual covariate are really bad, what's your play? Some literature says just ignore the p-values, by my co-author is a bit worked up about it.
Don't feed the bears.

If you’re wondering about how rigidly we adhere to child labor laws in my area I just witnessed a kid that couldn’t be more than 10 operating a backhoe for about half an hour.

i have to think Knight's kids already know how to run a backhoe. not in a child labor kind of way of course

We went to swim at my buddy’s pool after CrossFit and my pastor’s wife was there with her kids. My friend’s wife was playing the Lithium station and we hit a 3 song combo of Personal Jesus, Closer, and The Bad Touch.
Sounds like we'll be hearing from mako in a few weeks about his new swinger lifestyle!

We went to swim at my buddy’s pool after CrossFit and my pastor’s wife was there with her kids. My friend’s wife was playing the Lithium station and we hit a 3 song combo of Personal Jesus, Closer, and The Bad Touch.
don't think that your personal angst will keep me from negrepping all of your cult mentions

Measure twice, cut once and all that.

the way that you all talk about moving up in your career trajectory and getting huge pay raises from 1 job to another just solidifies for me that I am not doing enough at my current employment to prepare for my next move - I am just not a striver, i’m a “happy to be there”. I don’t have the grindset, but I’m going to work on it. I don’t want to be stuck making 45k for the next 10 years

the way that you all talk about moving up in your career trajectory and getting huge pay raises from 1 job to another just solidifies for me that I am not doing enough at my current employment to prepare for my next move - I am just not a striver, i’m a “happy to be there”. I don’t have the grindset, but I’m going to work on it. I don’t want to be stuck making 45k for the next 10 years
Or I take really low paying jobs that give me good experience and other jobs come searching for me afterwards. Man at this point, just do your job and do it well, and things will work out, so long as your wife doesn't make you move every two years or you go work for shit heads that make your life miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back