• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every week we buy 2 qts strawberries, bunch of blueberries, a bag of apples, a bag of clementines, and a shitload of bananas. Usually throw some raspberries or blackberries in as well. They never even make it to Thursday. Little kids demolish fruit.
My son will destroy a tub of blackberries or raspberries but sometimes we’ll get a few of each and all he wants are apples for a few days and then those berries have gone moldy. Shelf life of 10 minutes.

My kids are not particularly fruit hounds but then again I rarely buy berries. Just bananas, which I eat every day and they act like they hate.

If I’m buying fruit for them it’s a pineapple, which are like $3 and take 5 minutes or so to deconstruct and chop up. Or cantaloupe, which is not my preference to buy off season melons like that but they love them. And in the summer, massive seedless watermelons.
As someone who is often quite bloated, watermelons can pose a serious problem these days. And cucumbers. Damn you, curcurbitacin.

My kid loves fruit, but she is super picky about when she'll eat them. Loves bananas in the morning, but will not touch them at night.

My kid loves fruit, but she is super picky about when she'll eat them. Loves bananas in the morning, but will not touch them at night.
This makes sense. Other than in a dessert or if I felt like I was like super low on electrolytes, I don't think I'd ever eat a banana at night.

In general, fruit seems more like a day-food, again, other than as ingredients in a dessert.

my son is picky on veggies so I think(?) his love of fruit is ok right now. he's athletic as hell and it almost feels like he has abs. he's in better shape than I've ever been in.

well, looks like I can finally get my generous $350 a week in unemployment. in NC you have to wait til your severance is exhausted, and mine was 7 weeks from Feb 9. I applied and provided documentation about my severance agreement. one of the fields is if you received money other than severance, which I did – 2 months of COBRA which I just pocketed. got an email from the state asking if the "other" amount I listed was for COBRA, I said yes, reattached the same email which clearly outlines all the amounts I was being paid for (severance, COBRA, PTO, and my 2023 bonus). they replied back ok you're good to go.

what a great system.

Cybertruck deliveries halted over a big whoopsie

"Someone who panics". I feel seen. Though I'd like to think I'd have had the peace of mind to hammer the brake and/or e-brake.

Last year, when little TW was 2 months old, the up volume "paddle" button on my steering wheel got stuck and cranked the music to absolute, ear-shattering full volume. I tried turning it down, obviously, and tried to hit the power-off button for all audio but nothing worked. Had to pull over and turn the car off before eventually diagnosing the problem. Felt like a really bad parent worried if his eardrums were toast, and narrowly avoided a full blown panic attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back