• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Logorrhea !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't get it then. Like math majors that are pro athletes?

It wasn't a great analogy, but you clearly knew what i meant because you mentioned RW.

Nerds become professional nerds in the academy.

Apparently it's window washing day at work. Always freaks me out. They were at the kitchen window when I was in there earlier and right this moment there is a dude hanging and banging around behind me. So disconcerting.

i gotta say, I didn't even realize the chick doing the Kristen Schaal impression on SNL this week was an impression

Went to the ACC Championship game yesterday and man what a ride of emotions.

The entire game was pretty boring due to the fact that UVA refused to move forward and kept 5 men in the back even up a man for over 77 minutes.

Obviously PK's started off poorly, but ended in extremely satisfying fashion.

This whole weekend was a clusterfuck of emotions from Wake losing in basketball on Friday night, getting down 38-21 to Cuse at the half before a comeback victory, and finally the ACCCG yesterday. Crazy weekend sports-wise.

went to bagel station this morning and man what a ride of emotions

i gotta say, I didn't even realize the chick doing the Kristen Schaal impression on SNL this week was an impression

This week was pretty good. Much better than last.

I chuckled at Larry David's Bernie chastising Larry David's Holocaust joke.

Boooo disagree
Going pro in basketball means you're doing exactly the same job just at a different level. For the analogy to work, that's the only possibility, right? You scored better on the PSAT than I did, so I'll trust your judgement here.

boom two plus two is four minus one is three that's quick maffs

Going pro in basketball means you're doing exactly the same job just at a different level. For the analogy to work, that's the only possibility, right? You scored better on the PSAT than I did, so I'll trust your judgement here.

Going pro means you're getting paid.

i feel like phan would be played by Christopher Lee channeling Saruman in the movie treatment of the Boards

Going pro means you're getting paid.
Absolutely. I mean this isn't the hill I want to die on or anything, but I thought it was a pretty straightforward analogy.

College basketball player : Professional basketball player :: college mathalete : math professor

That doesn't make sense to y'all? Maybe I'm a dumbass

Absolutely. I mean this isn't the hill I want to die on or anything, but I thought it was a pretty straightforward analogy.

College basketball player : Professional basketball player :: college mathalete : math professor

That doesn't make sense to y'all? Maybe I'm a dumbass

Probably more accurate to say-

College basketball player : college basketball coach :: college mathalete : math professor

or

College basketball player : Professional basketball player :: college mathalete : professional mathematician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back