• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good summary of some trends I’m seeing out there. I need to start working on my sequel book and that’s a good way to frame my work on industry perspectives on student pathways.

I think the seeds of an explosion of two-year technician education certificate and degree programs are there but right now enrollment is still down as far as I can tell. But perhaps the recovery is coming.

As far as what it means for Wake, it’s bad. Wake has been coasting on a rep built on the idea that small classes and low faculty:student ratios are the key to a good undergraduate education. Without that, Wake doesn’t fly with the elite institutions who can weather the upcoming demographic shifts as we saw with the US News rankings. And it’s a bad time to be bad at sports since that’s one thing to help Wake stand out from all the other Tier 2 and 3 private schools out there.

Pretty great day today.

In Kaanapali on Maui. Spent the afternoon whale watching (saw a lot - amazing) and snorkeling. Swiming off Maui with turtles does not disappoint.*

Pretty great sharing so many firsts with and for our kids (and a few for us). Good reminders about what is important in life.

Pretty great day today.

In Kaanapali on Maui. Spent the afternoon whale watching (saw a lot - amazing) and snorkeling. Swiming off Maui with turtles does not disappoint.*

Pretty great sharing so many firsts with and for our kids (and a few for us). Good reminders about what is important in life.
yah the turtles are dope. play the plantation course while you're out there. What's lahaina look like today?

First time ever at TSA rope drop about 40 mins ago.

d27466590a993bcfef8d3dc830ea4243.jpg

@deacdiggler, I noticed that you keep mentioning NC public universities for your boys. Is that something that they come up with in their criteria or do you try and steer them towards those institutions?

some of both. we looked at Univ of Colorado for one of my kids, and Denver University, and he was accepted to both, but he wasn't willing to make ANY effort to get financial aid/scholarships. We were looking at $65k/year vs $25k at App, and I told him I didn't perceive a big difference in those schools, so without him making an effort to cover ANY of the extra costs, I got cheap on him.

He has since thanked me and noted that he wasn't really thinking things through.

Discover my oldest has lice yesterday morning in church.

Wife leaves for two weeks for a work trip today.

Wheeeeee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back