• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
heading to austin for the weekend and going to see madonna on Monday night. apparently she starts her shows after 10pm regularly? that will go just great for her 50 year old fan base

Meant to thank you for the creatine recommendation. Saw some serious results.
Is this recommendation on the workouts thread? I may need to check that out.

heading to austin for the weekend and going to see madonna on Monday night. apparently she starts her shows after 10pm regularly? that will go just great for her 50 year old fan base
I read that Madonna is notoriously very late for her own shows, similar to Lauryn Hill.

And I guess
I've often considered a pill container so I'd remember to take all of my supplements.

But a few of them are powders or liquids, so that doesn't really work.
Just convert the powdered and liquids into suppository form.

Yup. Looking at setlist.fm she's started as early as 9:30 a few times, but mostly after 10. Some nights not starting until 10:30. Have fun! Putting in a solid 2 hours on top of that. Diggs gonna have a late night!

It changes within region, based on site. Most of the workouts aren't hyper-religious, mainly because one of the leaders of our region isn't religious at all and will always remind folks to be welcoming - but a lot of the sites are full of super religious people. Some are filled with military wannabees, some are filled with super Christian Nationalists. We have three Black-led sites that seem to be more chill and less culty.
Yep. And there are clicks within each region. I'm in Clemmons and I like to think we are a sub-region of Winston and most of the regulars in Clemmons are laid back.

Beloved former Buffalo Bills legend and hollywood actor OJ Simpson has passed- Obituary writer who has just woken up from 30 year coma.

CT peoples, have y'all had experiences like that in your adult life? Just random friends who turn on you for literally no reason? If so, do you cope by just not giving a shit, or do you try to exhaust every avenue to rekindle the friendship?
Yep. Unfortunate. Breaking fellowship is hard. People can tend toward projection. And that's problematic.

I let the past be the past. I'm concerned most with choices I make, not others' choices (insofar as they do not affect my well-being).

My mom was obsessed with that trial. We ate a lot of takeout over the summer because she was living on West Coast time.

CT peoples, have y'all had experiences like that in your adult life? Just random friends who turn on you for literally no reason? If so, do you cope by just not giving a shit, or do you try to exhaust every avenue to rekindle the friendship?
It happened to me and my Wake friends many years ago. One of our crew just ghosted us out of nowhere. He had gotten married to his Wake girlfriend and started a family. We heard thirdhand that they had joined some Texas fundamentalist Christian movement that requires couples to cut all ties with folks from the outside. Our last conversation was when he called me to find out why Chris Paul got suspended for the first game of the ACC Tournament.

I google him every now and then. Seems like he's had a great career as an Air Force dentist. One time I found out he was stationed at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque when I googled him a month or so after I had been there. If I knew, I would have figured out a way to reach out to him. I googled him again when I was in Albuquerque two weeks ago. I found a column he wrote a few months ago for a Christian blog about nearing retirement at 47. He described himself as a "homeschooling father of 4." It would be weird being back in touch with him after after 20 years. We've clearly gone in very different directions. But I'm sure he's still a big Spurs fan, so at least we'd have that in common. I'll try to contact him next time I'm in San Antonio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back