• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Washington Post has taken on Presidents and intelligence agencies and broken some of the biggest scandals of the last century. I doubt the a press conference by the LSU women’s basketball coach made them rethink their reporting.

Anything since Bezos bought it?

I’m out drinking a few beers and the Iowa women’s game is on. Caitlin Clark would have been a good piece for us this year.
The Iowa women’s team would be a middle of the pack boys high school team in Mecklenburg County.

The Iowa women’s team would be a middle of the pack boys high school team in Mecklenburg County.

Keller would have come off the bench for the best men’s team in Meck County. Marsh would have been the team manager.

did a lot of gardening today

got my two new raised beds filled, only took 55 bags of soil ugh

gonna have the 6x3 I've had the last few years, plus two 8x4s, two tomato planter pots, and a smaller portable raised bed I'll probably put cherry tomatoes in
That’s a lot of soil. Besides tomatoes what else ya got stewing?

Went through my hot pepper seed inventory today. Picked up some more locally this afternoon. Gonna give cilantro a whirl (again) this year. I plan to keep seedlings going all year, given how quickly it bolts. Just rotate some more in as the season goes along.
I've only had success germinating hot pepper seeds later in the summer when the heat arrives. How do you get the seeds to germinate, are you using a hot box?

I've only had success germinating hot pepper seeds later in the summer when the heat arrives. How do you get the seeds to germinate, are you using a hot box?
I have a thermostatically controlled mat that I use in conjunction with 6-cell plastic containers (has clear lid) that wick from the bottom. Had the best success with Miracle-Gro seedling mix.

I keep the mat/pad firing around 85-90 degrees and in a shallow cardboard box I can fit the mat in.

I started mine too early last year (late Feb/early Mar). I was bordering on rootbound for some in the 3 in. transplant pots. Still turned out OK.

I'm planning on starting germination tomorrow.

I've not been able to get peppers in the ground much before June 1...ever. Usually still a little too cool...and wet. Still plenty of growing season left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back