• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat Thread: Ramadan Mubarak !

I wish my work trips involved dropping off material and then sightseeing.

Also not sure how much time you have, but my guy Andres (who took us horse riding in the country side which my wife wanted to do, and ended up being awesome) is the freaking man. If you want to do anything on that list, and learn about the in-depth history of the city, region and country from an awesome guy who speaks great English, book one of these tours:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ps-Medellin_Antioquia_Department.html#REVIEWS

I’m in Medellin for work. Was supposed to arrive Saturday night giving me all day yesterday to explore, but flight issues caused me to get in yesterday afternoon. I was able to get out for a bit yesterday at least. I’m here for a trade show that starts tomorrow so my plan is to drop some materials at our booth in a bit and get out to see the city for much of the day. It’s gorgeous here.

Medillin for business, eh?

Are you in commodities? Logistics?

Medellin is my jam. Would move there if the wife would let me. It was our favorite part of our honeymoon.

While I was in Colombia, I met a young American guy who married a girl from Medellin. He worked as a commercial fisherman half the year and then lived in Medellin the other half. Pretty interesting lifestyle.

I didn't get to Medellin on my trip. Went Bogota-San Gil-Tayrona-Cartegena

San Gil is great hot spot for outdoors stuff. I did white water rafting, mountain biking, and paragliding. It was great.

Which of you degenerates was driving the beige Maserati with the License Plate Wake 76 on 95 North yesterday?

So there is a proposal in DC to give regular people the ability to issue parking tickets by snapping a pic and uploading via app on their phone. If this goes forward it's going to be an absolute shit-show. If social media has taught us anything it's that people love to call out and judge other people, so this is just going to bring out the parking justice warriors in force.

So there is a proposal in DC to give regular people the ability to issue parking tickets by snapping a pic and uploading via app on their phone. If this goes forward it's going to be an absolute shit-show. If social media has taught us anything it's that people love to call out and judge other people, so this is just going to bring out the parking justice warriors in force.

If its for people who park in fire lines and handicap spots, I'm all for it. If it is for people who stayed 5 mins too long in a spot or loading zone, or allows people to take photos of cars barely parked on the wrong side of line, you better smother this thing in its crib ASAP. Like people will get murdered over this.

People who park in a bike lane for 10 seconds should also be drawn and quartered.

If its for people who park in fire lines and handicap spots, I'm all for it. If it is for people who stayed 5 mins too long in a spot or loading zone, or allows people to take photos of cars barely parked on the wrong side of line, you better smother this thing in its crib ASAP. Like people will get murdered over this.

I'm a pretty "get things done" kind of guy. Sort of a tend-to-my-own-garden type. However, I'm not the type to park in a handicap spot or a fire lane for any amount of time.

I have an enormous amount of respect (fear) for people who have nothing but time on their hands. In my mind, one of the great plagues on humanity is the 60-something with nothing to do but (A) bitch on the internet, and (B) gossip IRL or using one of these neighborhood apps/websites. The amount of social destruction that these people can wreak is out sized, especially when you take into account that they are typically giant pieces of shit in their own right.

Just thinking about a person sitting behind their computer screen cackling about how they finally got justice against all those go-getters really burns my biscuit. Giving them a tool like the picture ticket to wield as a weapon cannot go well. You'd literally have old men sitting in a parking lot just waiting for someone to dip a toe out of line.

saw a nextdoor post asking why a particular property hadn't been mowed in a while. on one hand, maybe they're dead in there? on the other, fucking mind your own business

I'm a pretty "get things done" kind of guy. Sort of a tend-to-my-own-garden type. However, I'm not the type to park in a handicap spot or a fire lane for any amount of time.

I have an enormous amount of respect (fear) for people who have nothing but time on their hands. In my mind, one of the great plagues on humanity is the 60-something with nothing to do but (A) bitch on the internet, and (B) gossip IRL or using one of these neighborhood apps/websites. The amount of social destruction that these people can wreak is out sized, especially when you take into account that they are typically giant pieces of shit in their own right.

Just thinking about a person sitting behind their computer screen cackling about how they finally got justice against all those go-getters really burns my biscuit. Giving them a tool like the picture ticket to wield as a weapon cannot go well. You'd literally have old men sitting in a parking lot just waiting for someone to dip a toe out of line.

Fair enough. I just really hate those people, particularly the handicap violators. Anyone found parking in handicap spot without a placard or stickers should be fined an ungodly amount of money or lose their license. Not kidding.

I feel similarly about people who don't put their shopping carts in corral, but that's a lot harder to enforce. I'd love if they all lost a finger though.

saw a nextdoor post asking why a particular property hadn't been mowed in a while. on one hand, maybe they're dead in there? on the other, fucking mind your own business

Nextdoor is a perfect example of why we can't have these people have any sort of actual police power.

The penalty and risk of getting caught numbers don’t work to be a big enough deterrent for a lot of people. Like parking in a handicapped space the chance of getting a ticket is astronomically small and if you happen to, the fine of 500 isn’t big enough. So either up the chance of getting caught, or the penalty for getting caught that doesn’t make people say meh. I would love if you get pulled over in an HOV lane solo that the ticket was $5,000 or something

annoying thing: when you can't find the email with that thing you swear you remember seeing. it feels like the Matrix rewrote itself to gaslight me

Don't most people just call 911 when they see someone parked illegally ?

The penalty and risk of getting caught numbers don’t work to be a big enough deterrent for a lot of people. Like parking in a handicapped space the chance of getting a ticket is astronomically small and if you happen to, the fine of 500 isn’t big enough. So either up the chance of getting caught, or the penalty for getting caught that doesn’t make people say meh. I would love if you get pulled over in an HOV lane solo that the ticket was $5,000 or something

Way too many people get handicap placards. It seems some get one for having a bad hair day.

It really pisses me off to see some 20something women in yoga gear park in a handicapped slot.

Way too many people get handicap placards. It seems some get one for having a bad hair day.

It really pisses me off to see some 20something women in yoga gear park in a handicapped slot.

I can't say I've ever seen an able bodied young person with a handicap placard. It is basically all olds around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back