• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do that trip another time. My wife has little interest in looking at golf courses but I might be able to get her to look at St Andrews briefly.

I haven't been there in about ten years but I remember two oddly named places that were good- One was something like Tequila or La Tequila. Another was basically a storefront taqueria with Tomato (Tomate) in the name.

One thing I remember that in Guadalajara and Leon was that the preferred tequila seemed to be Don Julio which I find to have little taste.

Hey, I've got a restaurant rec for Italy. It's called Trattoria ????? Can't remember the second part or which city.

Anyone got any Guadalajara restaurant recs?

Depends what you're looking for. Best traditional dish is birria de chivo and the most authentic place to get it is Nueve Esquinas. It's a spicy goat dish, kind of like a stew. And if you don't want that, there are some great taco al pastor spots next to it.

If you want a spot with bars and restaurants that trend a bit younger, the street Calle Manuel Lopez Cotilla just west of Chapultepec has a bunch of options, though they range from Mexican to Argentinean steakhouses, Asian and Italian. Hueso is considered one of the best restaurants, it's just 3 or 4 blocks south of there, but I didn't have a chance to check it out. Bruna is also around there and worth checking out.

A lot of people in tourism will tell you Santo Coyote, but the place is awful. Good food but there are over the top costumed dancers and it's a massive place.

There are also a lot of good high end restaurants in some of the suburbs by the business hotels, but I never ventured out that way. I haven't been back in a couple years either, so I'm sure things have changed.

Try to grab lunch at Tlaquepaque, a neighborhood 20 minutes west of the downtown. Cool little art community with lots of galleries and local restaurants.

Almost forgot torta ahogada, which is a Guadalajara staple. It's pulled fried pork thrown into a birote bread and smothered in a spicy/tangy sauce. Really good if done well, really soggy and not terribly flavorful if not.

Just got a notification from Waze that I can get directions in Cookie Monster’s voice or other Sesame Street characters. Definitely trying that next time.

I'm a big fan of UK Kate. Buddy of mine uses the Aussie girl tho which also seems hot.

I also use UK Kate. She cracks me up a lot. Did not realize DJ Khaled was an option. Seems like that would be amusing.

Yo Alexa !

I need Mexican restaurant recs for Guadalahara !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back