• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some weird ass existential Berenstain Bears moment last night where I discovered that The Association was a band that put out like one million bangers and was popular, and I knew all the tunes, but they were really definitely Hollies and Mamas and Papas tunes, but NO! The same band! The Association! Crazy man!

This might be the most perfect pop song ever, and at one point was SECOND in all-time plays behind "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" and AHEAD of "Yesterday." And, I mean, I've heard it, I know it, but I've definitely heard "Windy" and "Cherish" more, and maybe even "Along Comes Mary." This is some crazy CERN large hadron collider sending us into another timeline shit dudes.

yeah, i had one of those moments with a not-actually a neil diamond song a few weeks ago:

Had some weird ass existential Berenstain Bears moment last night where I discovered that The Association was a band that put out like one million bangers and was popular, and I knew all the tunes, but they were really definitely Hollies and Mamas and Papas tunes, but NO! The same band! The Association! Crazy man!

This might be the most perfect pop song ever, and at one point was SECOND in all-time plays behind "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" and AHEAD of "Yesterday." And, I mean, I've heard it, I know it, but I've definitely heard "Windy" and "Cherish" more, and maybe even "Along Comes Mary." This is some crazy CERN large hadron collider sending us into another timeline shit dudes.

Good call. Windy and Along Comes Mary are bangers too.

Dudes could pull it off live, too. They may be syncing a bit to a previously recorded track they laid down that afternoon, but still, this is def a live recording, maybe not LIVE live.

Last edited:
tumblr_mslw84ufGM1ql56ddo1_500.gif

Night Music #106 1988 Randy Newman, Take 6, Mark Knopfler, Slim Gaillard

wat

Lol

We watched “Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat” broadcast on Andrew Lloyd Weber’s “The shows must go on” YouTube channel in the last week. With Donny Osmond in the lead role.

The show is interesting enough, imo. Osmond performed well.

I'm old enough to have watched Donny & Marie first run episodes on the 27" RCA Console Color TV. Those Mormons are very talented people.

I went looking for Marie butchering "Reeling In The Years" the other day on a whim, but it appears it has been scrubbed.

Our TV fritzed out, glitched up, etc.

Compelled me to buy a new one. Went with lg oled (2019 model on sale at Crutchfield, now out of stock). It’s a pretty sweet upgrade from our dying 2014 Sony led 1080 something.

I hated spending any money on a tv at this time...but it’s something I use a fair bit. Almost all of our music listening comes though it into a 20 year old stereo.

I've got a 2005 42" Sony plasma in my bedroom that weighs about 6,000 lbs. Picture is still great and we don't watch it a ton. Somebody gave us a Roku stick which we figured we'd install on that TV. Of course the connections wouldn't take an HDMI cable, so I had to buy a HDMI to RCA (red/yellow/white) jack. Then I realized I had thrown away like 30 RCA cables and had to pay $7 for a new one from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back