• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just this fantasy of a giant aryan man going around punching people based on his personal code of justice

i mean, dont' get me wrong, it's fuggin' great. but come on
oh no doubt

idk what i'd say is the most unhinged show on tv, but it's probably NCIS insofar as according to that worldview, about half the navy gets murdered in a given year and nobody finds that the least bit strange

oh no doubt

idk what i'd say is the most unhinged show on tv, but it's probably NCIS insofar as according to that worldview, about half the navy gets murdered in a given year and nobody finds that the least bit strange
Grey’s Anatomy exists.

TLDR - we don't deserve dogs
My wife started a dog rescue operation in Alabama focused on getting dogs from Animal Control and shipping them north to NY or PA where they don't have enough dogs. We sent a shipment to MN and ME once too. Usually we had to foster them for a week or two until we had enough to make a shipment. We had a local network of fosterers but we also had about 150 dogs come through our house over two years. A lot of them are blurred or faded in my memory but a few stand out. This one dog, Callum, came to us. He was a pit bull and looked the part. I think he'd come from a fighting ring or something because he had cuts and scars all over. I was nervous about this one, especially because I had two youngish kids and he looked intimating af. I just figured he'd if you come from a fighting background he'd probably carry some attitude and defensiveness, but holy shit this guy was the nicest dog and was so calm and respectful. He'd sleep between my feet on the floor when I worked from home, he followed me around the yard off leash, he never fucked with our dogs or even the chickens, and kids loved him. When we took him to the vet to get him neutered before shipment, the vet called and said he found shot gun pellets in the testicle. Some fucking asshole shot this dog in the scrotum to keep it from breeding. I really wanted to keep him, but if we did he'd have been our 4th dog (plus 2 cats and bunny), and fostering would have been too hard so we sent him north. His new owner sent us a video a few months later of Callum wrastlin' with his new brother pit bull in front of the Christmas tree in PA; a very happy ending for Callum. I still get a little teary thinking about that dog and all he'd been through.

oh no doubt

Yeah that and there are enough Navy crimes that they merit special forces in Hawaii and New Orleans and shit. Also the absolute scourge of serial killers as seen in Criminal Minds.

Yeah that and there are enough Navy crimes that they merit special forces in Hawaii and New Orleans and shit. Also the absolute scourge of serial killers as seen in Criminal Minds.

There are a bunch of domestic and international NCIS offices and they investigate a wide range of illegal activities.

I’ve never cried as much as I did when my mom called me and said to meet her at the vet she’s taking my childhood dog to as he had a stroke or seizure and needed to be put down. I walk in to the room with my dog on the table, still holding on so I could say goodbye. I say “hey buddy,” and his tail started wagging.

Absolutely tore me up. Still makes me teary.

I’ve never cried as much as I did when my mom called me and said to meet her at the vet she’s taking my childhood dog to as he had a stroke or seizure and needed to be put down. I walk in to the room with my dog on the table, still holding on so I could say goodbye. I say “hey buddy,” and his tail started wagging.

Absolutely tore me up. Still makes me teary.

That’s rough. I’ve never been around when we had to say goodbye.

Childhood dog died while I was studying abroad. Next one died at home overnight when I was in law school. Next one died while at the boarder while my parents were on vacation and I was at UF. They took him to the vet and discovered massive tumors. The most recent one died a couple of years ago and it was the first time we had to explain to my then 3 year old why Bailey wasn’t around.

I only grew up with dogs 1 and 3.

If you roll up to pick up your 8yo from quiz bowl practice with the windows down blaring Goodbye Horses, you’re gonna get some confused looks.

If you roll up to pick up your 8yo from quiz bowl practice with the windows down blaring Goodbye Horses, you’re gonna get some confused looks.
Put the fucking lotion in the basket and get in the car!!!

well.... i have an admin. guess i need to figure out what crap to delegate to her.
Pretty pumped in general...this job is definitely going to challenge me. Lot of opportunity for me to grow professionally in this role, should be fun,

Odd quirk here though..they don't ship your laptop until your start date. So have been setting up meetings with people off of my gmail and trying to figure out how to coordinate that type of thing. Everyone i've met with so far has dressed professionally, so that's a great start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back