• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XLIII - IIILX daerhT tahC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If T.S. Eliot saw facebook, he'd be like "this is the new waste land."

Full-size just to do it justice.

tori-black5.jpg

Idea for a restaurant:

Everybody loves watching those cooking contest shows and the only downside to watching them on tv is you never get to try the food yourself. My restaurant changes that.

In house, I'll have four chefs that all specialize in a different type of food. Maybe one Japanese, one Italian, one French and one American. Every night, there'll be a special ingredient that all their meals will have. Maybe a rotation of 10 different items, mixed up every 3 months. Of course the chefs will already have their recipes and know what they're making for that night, and it'll have to be made in mass amounts for everyone in the restaurant.

Each person gets a small serving of all the appetizers, entrees and desserts, allowing them to choose which chef they feel won.

Could probably also have guest chefs come in on special nights or something. This was all decided in the last 5 minutes so I'll understand if it's only an extremely good idea, and not genius.

Idea for a restaurant:

Everybody loves watching those cooking contest shows and the only downside to watching them on tv is you never get to try the food yourself. My restaurant changes that.

In house, I'll have four chefs that all specialize in a different type of food. Maybe one Japanese, one Italian, one French and one American. Every night, there'll be a special ingredient that all their meals will have. Maybe a rotation of 10 different items, mixed up every 3 months. Of course the chefs will already have their recipes and know what they're making for that night, and it'll have to be made in mass amounts for everyone in the restaurant.

Each person gets a small serving of all the appetizers, entrees and desserts, allowing them to choose which chef they feel won.

Could probably also have guest chefs come in on special nights or something. This was all decided in the last 5 minutes so I'll understand if it's only an extremely good idea, and not genius.

Only works if you can get the original iron chef cast. From Japan. Sounds like a fun big city restaurant though.

Restaurant biz is tough man, reaaaaal tough.

thought process #1: I'm kind of hungry because I didn't eat enough dinner but it's getting late, I should just go to bed so I can run in the morning. let me just check the weather for the a.m...

thought process #2: black ice chances until 9am? oh well, can't run in that, guess I'll have a snack and watch some TV for another hour.

:stupid:

I haven't been hungry all day because I had a pretty HOF chicken chesapeake quesadilla (thats chicken and crab dip for the n00bs) for lunch accompanied by only the best natty bohs...<3 holidays #humblebrag #notreally

i know the feeling. all those who wander and all that.

I just realized the other day how long it had been since I had been out in the woods. Like really out there, just to wander and listen and think and smell the smells. That shit is important man. I need to do it soon. It is sad that it is getting harder and harder to find those places too. Parks and govt land is fine I guEss, but I like the private stuff or just being in the country. Man people need to do this, kids these days are fucked, man. I gotta get to the woods

I just realized the other day how long it had been since I had been out in the woods. Like really out there, just to wander and listen and think and smell the smells. That shit is important man. I need to do it soon. It is sad that it is getting harder and harder to find those places too. Parks and govt land is fine I guEss, but I like the private stuff or just being in the country. Man people need to do this, kids these days are fucked, man. I gotta get to the woods

tru dat

i'm up in the woods
i'm down on my mind
i'm building a still
to slow down time

i got this spot in va off the path a ways i like to visit and clear some stuff up in my head. it's on up a ridge, a few hundred yards up the hill from a creek, and in a nice, grassy clearing surrounded by oaks and rhododendron.

392032_686202093413_7202343_35083430_169374897_n.jpg

i'm up in the woods
i'm down on my mind
i'm building a still
to slow down time

i got this spot in va off the path a ways i like to visit and clear some stuff up in my head. it's on up a ridge, a few hundred yards up the hill from a creek, and in a nice, grassy clearing surrounded by oaks and rhododendron.

392032_686202093413_7202343_35083430_169374897_n.jpg

AHHHH I WAS ABOUT TO LINK THIS SONG. I'll do this then:

My best spot is back down a holler in KY. I swear it is like new Zealand or something. Cliffs, streams, caves. It's so beautiful. God I miss it.

Really long day today. Glad to have the CT for solace.

+1.

I haven't been coping with stress very well lately and I really wish I had made it to the gym today. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

A walk in the woods sounds pretty amazing right now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back