• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XLIII - IIILX daerhT tahC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had one of those nights where I felt as if I had forgotten how to sleep.

I just laid there, and felt like a failure for not passing out. Bit tired this morning but not too bad.

This is starting to happen to me more and more regularly. Might be time to get back on that generic ambien I used to take.

Just don't overdo it on the melatonin, easy to develop a dependence on them imo.

Melatonin does absolutely nothing to me. I don't have problems sleeping though so that could be it.

That works sometimes. However I've been trying to cut back on my weekday drinking. Like cut out all of it.

Try grabbing some melatonin pills from a vitamin store. Still not ideal but probably better than ambien.

Yeah I've heard that works from a co-worker, as well. I might need to look into that. However I'll probably need something stronger since I've been an insomniac my entire life. Ambien was the only thing that every really worked.

Melatonin does absolutely nothing to me. I don't have problems sleeping though so that could be it.

Haha yeah, that's probably it. Why would you take it if you didn't have problems sleeping?

Just to see if it would work? TWtoy took them for awhile and I wanted to try them.

:laugh: if you're already sleeping then there is nothing to judge them "working" against.

:laugh: if you're already sleeping then there is nothing to judge them "working" against.

Well, to be fair, I would take them pretty early as I stay up until 1:00-1:30am every night, hoping that it would make me go to sleep earlier. They never worked.

Well, to be fair, I would take them pretty early as I stay up until 1:00-1:30am every night, hoping that it would make me go to sleep earlier. They never worked.

Nah, they don't work like sleeping pills that make you instantly drowsy. They just help you get more into that state, you'd still have to be actively attempting to sleep at some point imo.

TopDeac went HAM on me [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]tends to happen when I REALLY don't want to do some kind of work and/or study[/COLOR]

Nacho Mama's [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]way too many people are obsessed with this for me to not try at some point[/COLOR]

well HTTD and I were kids when we were there :noidea: [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]still sucks; also you are there almost every day :noidea:[/COLOR]

I thought about it for the 4th and NYE but its kinda been tradition to go to my friend's on the 4th and then NYE we ended up doing one of the crazy all-inclusive things. Maybe one day plans will change. And don't you have a deck too... [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nope no rooftop...it's in the plan of "things to fix after law school"[/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]

Also, Lalark, I really don't know how you do this.

Like living in a hotel room?

yeah, I guess so.

Even if I never cooked, I'd still want a fridge to keep drinks cold if nothing else. But I suppose you could have a mini-fridge and microwave and just use the bathroom sink, and that would be sufficient.

Nacho Mama's way too many people are obsessed with this for me to not try at some point

Yeah its pretty good, the problem with it and many other places is its pretty small so during peak hours you need to be prepared to wait and/or kill time at the bar. Its hard to get the hang of if you'll be waiting at a lot of the places

Today is crawling. I can't wait to hit the road and get down to Chucktown Wednesday night. Five day weekend, come at me.

Yeah its pretty good, the problem with it and many other places is its pretty small so during peak hours you need to be prepared to wait and/or kill time at the bar. Its hard to get the hang of if you'll be waiting at a lot of the places

So wait and drink? I can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back