• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXIX - Furrrr sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen it in a while and found it on FX. Didn't miss much as it started at 8.

Btw, there's a sequel supposedly coming out in October.

Dino is announcing the Tennessee-Vandy game on ESPNU right now and former Wake recruit Skylar McBee is rocking the most amazing moustache I've ever seen on a college basketball player.

safe_image.php

Dude...Jim Carey's daughter was pretty legit. How long will she last? (talking American Idol here)

Got a 5 day trial membership to the Rush today. That place is fancy. The only thing I really don't like is the parking situation.

Got my ticket for our charity faculty auction today. Open bar. They put the numbers for the local taxi companies directly on the ticket. This is going to be entertaining.

IRC Section 61: Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived.

There is a treasure trove provision where even if you find a picasso in your attic you're expected to report it as income. If you don't do that, you have 0 basis in the painting and when you sell it you have to recognize a gain for the full sale price.

I think I died a little inside. Please tell me this isn't part of a tax law class.

It is.

In fact, it was a fact pattern on my taxation of property transactions except the Picasso was a rare vase...

...it wasn't my best grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back