• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Yamato: sunk in a thousand feet of water

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm definitely not sophisticated enough to enjoy a meal that expensive. that trip he's going on sounds amazing, but I'd rather take another vacation to Europe for $777 and eat cheap on both, than be in France plus pay $777 for a meal (and what, with tip [if applicable], it'd be nearly $1000. that's most of a nice vacation. Townie, good for you for being able to splurge like that!

thanks! i wish i got free lightbulbs!

it goes up with price, but a lot of really nice places are now including service in the price of the meal. Like the French Laundry and Per Se. and there's a newish place in DC that's $250 pp but that includes food, drink pairings, service and tax. And you don't even get a bill at the end, your cc is charged later on.

Ok, this makes the most sense to me. By the time you're paying that much for a meal, you're more or less buying a ticket for an experience.

Yeah, I miss Rogue. But we have found all of the former workers there who used to give us awesome hookups every time we went (which was an absurd amount). Two are at columbia room (and hook us there), one is at convivial (and hooks us there), and one is at Mintwood (and hooks us there). Being regulars at a place can defs have its advantages.

This minibar talk prompted me to look to see what they have open for 1 person (wifey travelling) and looks like I can do any day this week. Hmmm....

we did minibar at the old location when it was $125 a head, now most expensive meal in DC (not counting the Inn). went to Eleven Madison Park for lunch when it was 4 courses (plus much more) for $75, and now it's gone up crazily so lunch is same price as dinner.

i am pretty sure the most expensive prix fixe in philly is vetri at $155/person or morimoto at $150 and i think they have wine pairings that bring it close to $300

but you could do a lot of damage at some of the nicer a la carte places

saison i think is the most in sf at 300 + wine pairings. coi at $250 + wine pairings is the same as french laundry and quince (3 mich stars). i think saison just got their 3rd.

I went to Eleven Madison Park like a week or two before they got their 3rd Michelin star so obvi they were already operating at that level. then the price went up crazily. but that's the best meal I've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back