• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my previous couch was pleather which was nice until it started flaking off and getting everywhere

This bad boy is my dream couch. All the backs are fully and smoothly adjustable. Probably something like $30-40k.

72d6253f8893d4cb345bfd4c46091858.jpg

Based on couch cost alone I’m much wealthier than Palma and much poorer than Cookout

Haha, we'd gone through like 2 couches in the 4-500 dollar range in as many years (Ikea and West Elm) and wanted something that would actually hold up, so went big on this one. I really do need another one but man, looking at some different options vs paying over twice as much. Thanks, Biden.

If you don’t make your own sofa out of reclaimed materials and stuff the cushions with leaves and dog hair, you are contributing to the deforestation of the earth and lining the pockets of a corporation that uses child slave labor.

in a related note, that describes most of the furniture in New Orleans, including the smell

If you don’t make your own sofa out of reclaimed materials and stuff the cushions with leaves and dog hair, you are contributing to the deforestation of the earth and lining the pockets of a corporation that uses child slave labor.

It's horsehair the fine folks at Hastens use for their 6 figure beds fit for Sweedish Kings.

Haha, we'd gone through like 2 couches in the 4-500 dollar range in as many years (Ikea and West Elm) and wanted something that would actually hold up, so went big on this one. I really do need another one but man, looking at some different options vs paying over twice as much. Thanks, Biden.

So it didn't hold up?

So it didn't hold up?

Nah.. I moved into a house and want to put this current one in my game/theater space in the basement + get a new one with a different chaise configuration for the current living room. It still looks as good as the day we got it and has been amazing (the only reason I'm even still thinking about paying that much for another one).

Nah.. I moved into a house and want to put this current one in my game/theater space in the basement + get a new one with a different chaise configuration for the current living room. It still looks as good as the day we got it and has been amazing (the only reason I'm even still thinking about paying that much for another one).

what's going in the game space? I might have some ideas

what's going in the game space? I might have some ideas

Ha didn't build it big enough for pinball machines unless we dump the bedroom, mostly mean the nice big screen with all the video game consoles and stuff, though I'm gonna put a darts board up at some point probably.

FIL has a nice bonzini foos table that if we ever inherit I'll make room for somehow.

Meeting Cata at the Thirsty Lion in Denver in a few minutes. Just so you guys know if he tries to hide the body afterward. Mako, I'll try to keep projecting the strong homo vibes.

When we moved from Tampa to Atlanta, my work paid for movers and it was $12k for them to pack and move our stuff. 3 bedroom house with no kids.

It ain’t cheap. And it’s the mileage that kills you. So 11k sounds not so bad.

How good is six feet under? It’s the one HBO prestige show I haven’t watched.

I tried it a few years ago. Seemed good, but stopped watching after 3-4 episodes and never went back to it.

Same with Justified, though that one was because my wife didn’t enjoy it.

When we moved to Winston from SF about 5 (?!) years ago it was *only* ~4-5k (covered entirely by my wife's new job). Benefits of coming from an overpriced 300 sq ft studio I guess!

I tried it a few years ago. Seemed good, but stopped watching after 3-4 episodes and never went back to it.

Same with Justified, though that one was because my wife didn’t enjoy it.

Justified was a great show. Watch it without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back