• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of horror movies, I'm trying to complete the Mike Flanagan canon and Ouija: Origin of Evil is good stuff.

The other Girl Next Door movie has peak Elisha Cuthbert - which was a very high peak at the time.

The juice was worth the squeeze.

Firefighter/parent moment: please teach your kids to wear a seat belt. Bodies do not look pleasant after being a ping pong ball in a car's cabin, especially teenagers.

There was a car accident in the Atlanta area this week that killed four high schoolers. That shit terrifies me as a parent.

Speaking of raising your kids right (sorry, terrible segue) the Red Sox are in town, so I am taking the twins to their first game. First baseball game Red Sox and first football game is probably gonna be the Deacs, so whatever teams they may end up rooting for (I mean they are Texans) I can at least tell myself I started them off on the right foot.

Also after that guy in Cincinnati caught the ball while holding the baby last week, I have high expectations for myself.

Last edited:
Speaking of raising your kids right (sorry, terrible segue) the Red Sox are in town, so I am taking the twins to their first game. First baseball game Red Sox and first football game is probably gonna be the Deacs, so whatever teams they may end up rooting for (I mean they are Texans) I can at least tell myself I started them off on the right foot.

Also after that guy in Cincinnati caught the ball while holding the baby last week, I have high expectations for myself.

Who are the Red Sox playing that makes you think you’re raising them right?

There was a car accident in the Atlanta area this week that killed four high schoolers. That shit terrifies me as a parent.

It's sorta crazy when I go back to my HS and think of all the kids/friends/people I grew up with that died relatively young. I got knocked out in a car accident Sophmore year (woke up and could see inside my best friends head, he's got a huge scar to this day). My best friend died in 7th grade. I distinctly remember not thinking I'd ever survive until college.

A hs friend went to to odu. She left a party and was never seen again. Her body was found later. #thatescalatedquickly

most popular kid (best looking, 4.0 GPA, best athlete) in my HS got accused of something involving forced oral in 8th grade like 2 years later after the girl's mom read something in her diary. We were about 50% rednecks/50% preppy kids, and she was dating a redneck at the time and it turned into some straight up class warfare West Side Story style where the guys twin sister was getting threatened and they ended up moving. Parents ended up getting divorced as one stayed in town for their job. Dude was the star linebacker of the FB team and state Wrestling Champ. Ended up drinking some gasoline and lighting himself on fire.

Was complaining about nonstop headaches in the weeks leading up to it, hard not to think he got some concussions as a linebacker/wrestling.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post earlier. He was 18, set to ship out for Army Basic training in 10 days, and was a volunteer firefighter in a neighboring department. He has a 9 month old son. His seat belt was buckled to stop the alarm bell, but he was sitting on top of it.

Ok, venting over.

This firefighter job is sounding less fun the Mako made it out to be last week.

This firefighter job is sounding less fun the Mako made it out to be last week.
Every call is to that person's worst day ever. Most days you help and save them, occasionally you do not. Those days fucking suck.

Moat days you leave the scene feeling good though, because you made a huge, positive impact in someone's life.

That movie was ok, MDMH. Hoped it would be scarier. I guess I liked talking about what was happening. Weird!

To a happier topic...

Righteous Gemstones is phenomenal. Whatever Danny McBride touches is gold. Eastbound and Down as supporting documentation.

That movie was ok, MDMH. Hoped it would be scarier. I guess I liked talking about what was happening. Weird!

Sorry if I oversold it, I thought the nightmare imagery was very well done, and I was especially creeped out by the penultimate scene where they follow her sleepwalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back