• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chaundee Brown is gone

I thought all the "insiders" said that he loves Wake.

I think it has been stated that he loves Wake and prioritizes playing in the tournament. Both can be true. He stuck with Wake for 3 years. He is down to his last year of eligibility and it is obvious Wake is getting further from the tournament.

I thought it was said that Sarr wanted to dance and he would leave if coached stayed. Then for Brown I thought it was he isn't going anywhere as he loves Wake and has zero issues w/ coach. Good for him, assuming he picks a school that makes sense. the NBA is not realistic at this point, but maybe he can develop his way there. If there is no season next year, he may want to stick around and get that degree.

The program is decimated. It will take another 3-4 years to rebuild from here. Another year of this crap ensures several more Big South talent recruits. We are simply defeated until and unless Currie decides to show some balls and make the move.

The program is decimated. It will take another 3-4 years to rebuild from here. Another year of this crap ensures several more Big South talent recruits. We are simply defeated until and unless Currie decides to show some balls and make the move.

I'd say another 13-14. This program has been done for a decade and looks to stay that way for the next. Sad

Chaundee does love Wake and he likes Danny. He apparently just values playing in the NCAAT more. Can’t really blame him at all for that. It’s the top goal at the college level and he hasn’t even sniffed it (35 wins in three years).

You don't know shit. This came out of nowhere.

Right, you don’t need to be an “insider” to know. I follow him on Instagram and he constantly posted about his teammates, the school, his fraternity, etc.

I’m interested in Sarr and Mucius now. If Sarr leaves I wouldn’t be shocked if Mucius follows. Need to keep both to have any shot at postseason play next year IMO.

I’m interested in Sarr and Mucius now. If Sarr leaves I wouldn’t be shocked if Mucius follows. Need to keep both to have any shot at postseason play next year IMO.

We lost 2 of our 3 best players and will lose possibly more, replaced them with non ACC caliber players and add a recruiting class that is the worst in the ACC. Anything who thinks we even sniff postseason play next year is smoking crack.

We lost 2 of our 3 best players and will lose possibly more, replaced them with non ACC caliber players and add a recruiting class that is the worst in the ACC. Anything who thinks we even sniff postseason play next year is smoking crack.
Depending on how you view Childress & White, WF lost 3 of its top 4 to 6 players, while potentially losing 4 of that group if Sarr leaves.

So is the consensus that he ends up transferring? He’s not going to get drafted so is that just a cover story or...?

I think this signals one of two things: 1) Chaundee has learned that Manning will not be back; or 2) Chaundee knows that Sarr will not be coming back and does not want to go down anymore with the ship. I thought maybe it was #1 but now think it is likely #2.

Yeah I don’t think we sniff the postseason either. I was simply saying we need to keep those guys to have the best chance.

So is the consensus that he ends up transferring? He’s not going to get drafted so is that just a cover story or...?

Yeah. He'll transfer but will use the draft process as a way to get a feel for what he needs to accomplish as a senior. It's a no-brainer.

Of course the problem with the “draft process” right now is no workouts to help improve stock or show where you currently stand. Going through interviews though is helpful.

Just pitiful. Not that we needed more evidence that Wellman has destroyed a sports program worse than any other AD in history, but clearly the extra year of keeping him is going to absolutely obliterate this program. We could have done well next year with Sarr, Chaundee and Mucius with further development of Neath, Massoud and others, but this is a death knell and honestly the way they started to play at end of season gave some hope for next year, but feels like this ship is going to sink further.

Do wonder if delay with announcement by Currie is further hurting the cause because if we could have announced a new coach could he have swayed someone like Chaundee to stay another year as we have a great core? Guess we will never know.

Back