• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheer up libs, Trump may be a gift that keeps on giving

simosfrostyone

Reaction score
Thanks to Obama the GOP now controls the WH, the House, the Senate and dominates the state legislatures and governorships. If Trump governs in the arrogant way that Obama did the left will be back in business before you know it! And there is a really good chance he'll do just that.

I'm not sure what it would take for Democrats to win the House. Not sure that actually can happen.

Winning elections is one thing. Governing is something different and harder. And Trump can't fall back to establishment politics either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Winning elections is one thing. Governing is something different and harder. And Trump can't fall back to establishment politics either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure. My thinking has been that he might not have to build a physical wall, but he has to deport a bunch of Latinos and rip up some trade agreements. But I was having beers with some Pub friends last night, and they think he'll go along with the Pub establishment more and won't make crazy trade, foreign policy or immigration decisions. Their theory is that was a bunch of campaign promise hot air, like Obama saying he was going to close Gitmo, and that he'll let Pence do a lot of the governing, and you won't see the radical stuff he was proposing. When I asked won't the base be pissed, they said no one really cares or pays attention to campaign shite. We'll see.

There's more than enough video of people chanting "BUILD A WALL!" and "LOCK HER UP!" that it's going to be weird if the response is "meh" when Trump doesn't follow through.

Back