• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Arietta's second half ERA is down to 0.86 after his nine scoreless innings last night. I think that, combined with him finishing with at least 20 wins and the no hitter might be enough to push him past Greinke for the CY, especially considering what the voters have show they value in the past.

Cubs lose to Brewers 4-1. Hendricks with a quality start but the bullpen and bats offer no support. Soler hits a single and his tenth home run to provide the only semblance of an offense. Take a day off and prepare for three games with Pittsburgh. Any hope for playing the WC game at Wrigley depends on a sweep this weekend.

Sucks that the three best teams in MLB are in the same division and that two of them will play a one game series to see who remains in the playoffs.

Don't know if we need to sweep since PIT has STL left and their nemesis the Reds. But it certainly wouldn't hurt and would greatly reduce our margin of error.

Hopefully the Rocks can finally do us a favor this afternoon

Was looking good today then Alvarez hits a 3-run bomb with 2 outs to stake them to a one-run lead. Such a powerhouse division

So mad at myself for forgetting time zones, I specifically booked my flight into chicago next monday so I would get in to make the game versus the royals, but I forgot that 8:05 my time is 7:05 there, so I get in right at 7 - ugh. Still thinking about going and just catching the last few innings.

Just got invited to today's game by one of my clients!

Late September baseball is meaningful again! Lester vs. Cole this afternoon with playoff implications for both teams. Anticipation. Bring home a victory and clinch a playoff spot.

Giving Schwarber a green light with Bryant at the plate with 2 strikes is a really weird call.

I'm pretty sure Lester is the worst pitcher pitching to pitchers in the league - likely not, just feels like it.

We got Cole at 96 pitches coming into the 7th, need to get him out of the game, we have had one well hit ball all game. Cause right now, 3 runs wins this game.

Baez goes down swinging too - woof. Not excited about this WC game if this is all we can do against Cole.

Cubs defeated by Pirates 3-2. Cole has a slightly better seven innings than Lester. Pirates manufacture an add on run off Strop in the eighth and it proves decisive. Denorfia with a lead off double in the bottom of the ninth. Montero K. RBI triple by Castro. Wrigley goes nuts. Soler and Baez strikeout swinging on identical balls in the dirt. Game over. Sometimes the most important thing a batter can do is make contact.

Magic number stays at one.

Back