• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Is it fair to say that Maddon is choosing to play La Stella over Coughlan, which means he has to move Bryant to the outfield?

Is it fair to say that Maddon is choosing to play La Stella over Coughlan, which means he has to move Bryant to the outfield?

Probably over Soler or Jackson - maybe Cogs - but they move Bryant - I think it likely has to do with the matchups and gives him flexibility throughout the game. A little worried that Rizzo won't get anything to hit with TLS hitting behind him.

Probably over Soler or Jackson - maybe Cogs - but they move Bryant - I think it likely has to do with the matchups and gives him flexibility throughout the game. A little worried that Rizzo won't get anything to hit with TLS hitting behind him.

My assumption is simply that he wants left handed bats in the lineup so it was ultimately a choice between Coughlan and La Stella.

Cubs’ lineup with career stat line against Gerrit Cole.

CF Dexter Fowler (3-14)
RF Kyle Schwarber (1-5)
LF Kris Bryant (3-9)
1B Anthony Rizzo (6-17)
3B Tommy La Stella (1-6)
2B Starlin Castro (6-17)
C Miguel Montero (3-5)
SS Addison Russell (2-7)
P Jake Arrieta (0-0)

Pirates’ lineup:

RF Gregoy Polanco
3B Josh Harrison
CF Andrew McCutchen
LF Starling Marte
C Francisco Cervelli
2B Neil Walker
SS Jordy Mercer
1B Sean Rodriguez
P Gerrit Cole

My assumption is simply that he wants left handed bats in the lineup so it was ultimately a choice between Coughlan and La Stella.

Well, Cogs gives him more flexibility later in games because he can PH and come in and play first, second, LF or RF and TLS can only play 3rd and 2nd - probably still assuming TLS will get the ball in play more than Cogs and set the table more for Castro, miggy and russell and make sure they if they pitch around Rizzo, TLS can move him.

All the talking heads on MLB network are crushing the TLS start and the Schwarber in RF - making me nervous.

IT'S HAPPENING.

I texted Doofus today I fully expect as a Cubs/Wake hard luck fan for Arrieta's first pitch to be bombed out of the park. So throw that first pitch JUST A BIT OUTSIDE Jake.

That 1-0 fastball was right down the middle for KB - I know the plan is to pump Coles pitch count, but that was the better ball to swing at.

Back