• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Well gotta consider future rounds at this point IMO. My point was up 4 runs at this juncture the bullpen is fine and Jake can get back in there for the Cards series.
Yes! Moar nonsense!!!!

Meh whatever a Cubs win in playoffs is too far and few between to give into dumb Wake Ayo trolls.
Yes, a Cubs win in playoffs is too far and few between! That's why you maximize your best pitcher to try to secure a win. 4 runs is not much at all.

I'd forgotten what baseball drama and tension were like.

Yes! A Cubs win in playoffs is too far and few between! That's why you maximize your best pitcher to try to secure a win. 4 runs is not much at all.

4 runs isn't much at all? Okay. Why don't you go back to being negative about anyone Wake signs on the recruiting thread or sucking Tom Brady's balls?

4 runs isn't much at all? Okay. Why don't you go back to being negative about anyone Wake signs on the recruiting thread or sucking Tom Brady's balls?
Keep drinking, man. Keep drinking. I don't blame ya.

Ohhhhhhh baby.

Small matter of StL next. Oh God. Oh God.

That was fun. Fowler and Schwarber brought it at the dish. The D was outstanding, especially those DP's. Arrieta... just another shutout when it was essential. Those of us who have followed this team have had the privilege of watching the best second half pitching performance in the history of the game. More to come.

I just want to take a moment and relive that Schwarber bomb from last night. He just hit the shit out of that ball. #Schwargasm

For those who didn't see this during the TV broadcast last night...

Last edited:
Castro's two relay throws on those double plays looked super smooth, shocked at how well he has transitioned to second.

I just want to take a moment and relive that Schwarber bomb from last night. He just hit the shit out of that ball. #Schwargasm

Yeah apparently he said he was going to hit one into the river a couple weeks ago. That was just mashed.

Last night was a ton of fun.

Back