• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Arrieta with the no hitter as the Cubs win 16-0. If Arrieta isn't the best pitcher in MLB at present, he sure is a close second.

That's gotta be one of the more dominant games in MLB history. No hit them, hit for what the Reds announcers called the "grand slam cycle," got 18 hits, and won 16-0. So happy for Ross. Jake obviously the most dominant pitcher in MLB right now, by far.

We've outscored the Reds by 34 runs in just four games.

I want a 100 run diff by the end of the year

He was laboring for a lot of the game, but got a lot of weak contact because of his movement - he just started throwing a lot of strikes on the edges in the 7th, 8th and 9th and got some easy outs. Amazing game all around - its crazy how good he can be, this was the effectively wild Jake that a lot of people saw coming through the Oriole system - he is going to have high pitch counts, walk a lot of guys, but has amazing stuff.

Also, nice to see the offense break out, would have liked to have some of those runs over the next couple of games. Hoping Addison can break out of this funk, he Soler and Rizzo have babips below .230 - Rizzos is at .140 - he is going to need to learn to beat the shift.

Every player is different - but I would guess the mean is somewhere around .300.

Just as a point here, Rizzos career babip is .281 - if you take out 2013, he is closer to .300 - but would expect him to get up near there, or at least trend that way.

Guys like Soler and Bryant that crush the ball and hit a lot of line drives will have a higher babip- Bryants was .378 last year, which is unsustainable, would expect that to be around .330-.340, Soler roughly the same.

When it came off the bat I didn't think Bryant's GS was gonna get out, but the center fielder just kept backtracking and it left. That was almost to dead center too.

There were a few balls hit softly out to center for the Reds that I thought were going to drop for hits over the last three innings.

Maddon is remarkable. Top of the fourth he calls for Ross and Lester to execute the suicide squeeze. They do so perfectly and the Cubs add two runs to their lead. I've never seen that accomplished. The Red announcers were effusive in their praise for the strategy and the execution. Cubs lead through four innings 4-0.

Cubs win 8-1. Lester with a quality seven innings. Baez hits his first HR of the year.

Last edited:
41 run edge over the Reds through 5 games. On pace for a 156 run advantage by the end of the season series

2016 Chicago Cubs Thread: 12-4 Jake = Stud

We good y'all

We good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think our guys were a tad miffed after yesterday.

Run differential vs Reds restored

After absorbing a 13-5 beat down by the Reds last night, the Cubs return to the form of the previous two games with a 9-0 victory. Hammel pitches six shutout innings and LaStella, Heyward, Bryant and Rizzo combine for 11 hits, 7 runs and 8 RBI's at the top of the line up. Off day Monday then back to Wrigley for three vs. Milwaukee and three vs. Atlanta.

Arrieta's quest for back to back no-nos ends on the first batter against the Brewers. Brewers have the bases loaded in the first and are trying to break his home scoreless streak as well. Two down.

Jake gets out of it without giving up a run. Cubs up 2-0 on a single in the bottom of the first. Zobrist starting to look better - really had a bleh start

Back