• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chick-fil-A at it Again..

They would be sooooo easy to hate if their chicken sandwiches weren't so damn good.

this is pretty fucking stupid, so any "eat more ___" slogan is chik-fil-a's intellectual property? Oh well, that guys slogan is dumb to, he should just change it to eat kale or something similarly stupid.

this is pretty fucking stupid, so any "eat more ___" slogan is chik-fil-a's intellectual property? Oh well, that guys slogan is dumb to, he should just change it to eat kale or something similarly stupid.

Apparently, they own the word "more" (even though they use "mor") because they are fine if he uses "eat kale". Everyone be careful asking for more.

any trademark lawyers who can chime in on the validity of CFA's claims?

This is as silly and petty as what Disney does, like suing school teachers for using Mickey's likeness on their boards in their classrooms.

Yay! Let's bog down small businesses in lawsuits so they have to take on a ton of debt or close shop!

While we talking about annoying trademark laws, every local restaurant and appliance store is advertising their Big Game specials since they can't put the Super Bowl in their ads.

So stupid.

If the guy said "Eat Mor Kale" I could understand it, but going after "Eat More Kale" is very douchey.

I mean look at this guy, if anything Chik fil-a suing him is probs better for his business and will get people to his site.
bo1.jpg

I want an "Eat More Kale" shirt now.

I mean look at this guy, if anything Chik fil-a suing him is probs better for his business and will get people to his site.
bo1.jpg

As I recall, NPR did a story about this a few weeks ago, and said that he was getting significantly more business as a result.

Everyone who supports this kale guy should "cash mob" his website and buy hundreds of tshirts from him. Or boycott Chik-Fil-A. Or both. But we all know thats not going to happen because neither of those options are as fun as whining about it on a messageboard.

i actually haven't had CFA since i found out about their anti-gay lobbying.

Apparently Chick-fil-a has "successfully" defended against 30 others of these types of slogans, so it doesn't seem like Kale-boy has much of a chance with this one. It seems stupid that Chick-fil-a would waste their time on this, as I doubt this man is taking any business away from them, but he did rip off their slogan.

I know the head CFA atty, he's a bit of douchenozzle.

Would love to work there tho, they treat their employees really well.

This is as silly and petty as what Disney does, like suing school teachers for using Mickey's likeness on their boards in their classrooms.

The problem is with the laws. The laws are written such that if you don't defend when you know illegal use has been made, you lose the right to defend later. I.e. Disney lets the teacher do it so later they will have to let a company that actually impacts them do it.

Back