• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chick-fil-A at it Again..

Just went to his website. It's not even like he uses the same font or ANYTHING. God CFA why do you have to taste so good =(

it's going to be funny if everybody who hates CFA pours tons of $ into this guy's stuff and then he has to forfeit some of his profits over to CFA

If anyone should be suing, it's the "got milk" people, I see that take off everywhere.

While we talking about annoying trademark laws, every local restaurant and appliance store is advertising their Big Game specials since they can't put the Super Bowl in their ads.

So stupid.

If the guy said "Eat Mor Kale" I could understand it, but going after "Eat More Kale" is very douchey.

yeah like when I was going on evite to make an invite for our SB party, everything said The Big Game! Fuck off. at least it let me delete that and put in SB.

i'm shocked at how shocked people are about this.

dude definitely ripped off CFA's slogan. whether they should be wasting their time fighting him is up for debate but i'm sure CFA is far from the only major corporation fighting these stupid lawsuits. thats America. this guy should be thanking his lucky stars people are making such a big fuss about this, and for that reason alone is probably why he hasn't just changed the shirts, etc. good for him, but i dont get the anger at Chick-fil-a. we might as well boycott every single large corporation in America if we are upset about "douchey" behavior.

i may go get a sandwich tonight for dinner...yum

love the haters on here. always anonymous. such babies.

dear boogity,

i wasnt whining. i was thinking about how funny it is that all my negreppers and negtaggers like to anonymously act like bitches probably because they don't lik my posting style. coincidentally, that posting style they don't like is essentially making jokes or making fun of people. so it's what tehy are trying to do only i lend my board name to it.

i do appreciate your signed ngarep, though.

Huge corporations have always fucked over people with Intellectual Property Rights laws. They steal shit, hire a dozen lawyers and piss on the little guy with settlements or they swing their huge dick around in cases like this. How the fuck are they going to plaster a stupid slogan around the country for years, practically forcing it into common culture, and then get pissy when people use it differently?

Last edited:
chick-fil-college night here in tallahassee. free entree with the purchase of an entree. thanks for the free sandwich CFA!

Apparently Chick-fil-a has "successfully" defended against 30 others of these types of slogans, so it doesn't seem like Kale-boy has much of a chance with this one. It seems stupid that Chick-fil-a would waste their time on this, as I doubt this man is taking any business away from them, but he did rip off their slogan.

You don't set a precedent of letting anyone use your IP. Pretty simple really, It's not about this one guy.

Huge corporations have always fucked over people with Intellectual Property Rights laws. They steal shit, hire a dozen lawyers and piss on the little guy with settlements or they swing their huge dick around in cases like this. How the fuck are they going to plaster a stupid slogan around the country for years, practically forcing it into common culture, and then get pissy when people use it differently?

If by "steal shit" you mean come up with a catchy slogan that works and protect it against subsequent users seeking to proift off that notoriety, you are correct.

Back