• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Berman - does anyone like him?

rjreynolds

Reaction score
I absolutely cannot stand him. I know he is an ESPN icon, but his schtick is unbearable to me. So pompous. As soon as he comes on, I change the channel. Does anyone care about his opinion?

Yeah, he's alright. Seems like a genuinely good guy too. And he never stabbed anyone in the neck with scissors, so he's got that going for him.

Seems like an asshole. By the way, he drops f bombs in this rant so if you're at work you might want to hold off viewing.

Last edited:
I like the guy in the control room, at around 17 seconds into that clip, saying, "And these guys thought I was pain in the ass."

Berman is fine hosting the Sunday pre and post game shows. ESPN is way superior to either Fox or CBS. But Berman is god awful at announcing a game. The worst is when he does golf.

he's awful. aside from his awful jokes i hate it when he drops some random stat from the research department and acts like he's imparting some deep wisdom from his own knowledge base. like "let's all remember that tony romo has 4 TDs when down by 4-7 points with 2-3 minutes left in games against an NFC opponent in August...."

Or when he spends at least a minute or so of the fastest 3 minutes covering the CFL, baseball, or football highlights from the 50s.

he's awful. aside from his awful jokes i hate it when he drops some random stat from the research department and acts like he's imparting some deep wisdom from his own knowledge base. like "let's all remember that tony romo has 4 TDs when down by 4-7 points with 2-3 minutes left in games against an NFC opponent in August...."

he and stuart scott are the worst at this.

Seems like an asshole. By the way, he drops f bombs in this rant so if you're at work you might want to hold off viewing.

I remember this rant being a lot more angry and explosive? Maybe I'm confusing it with something else

LOL yep, that's what I was thinking of. Freaking hilarious. I love the microphone/jacket toss at the very end after they've cut away.

But back to the OP, yeah Chris Berman sucks. I don't watch the Home Run Derby for a lot of reasons, but he's definitely at the top of the list. We always talked about getting one of those little mechanical counters and taking down how many times he says "BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK" during the Home Run Derby. We thought for sure we'd get on PTI.

BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK ...

Berman should have retired 10 years ago.

The NFL network's coverage/highlights/analysis is light years ahead of ESPN. In fact, the only reason to watch ESPN these days is for sports that don't have their own networks (college basketball, etc). Unfortunately, ESPN spends 95% of their time talking about Lebron James, the NFL, and the Yankees or Lakers, so that doesn't really work.

Unfortunately, ESPN spends 95% of their time talking about Lebron James, the NFL, and the Yankees or Lakers, so that doesn't really work.

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow

Back