• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens from ... Miami Ohio?

The Saints actually had a Chris Givens from Miami (Ohio) on their roster earlier this year. One dude in my fantasy league accidentally picked him up intending to pick up our Chris earlier this year. ESPN.com does have a separate Givens Rams roster page.

However that image is definitely the Wake Forest Chris Givens.

Remember when we got a verbal from Chris Davis, but for a short period of time we thought it was 4* or 5* WR Chris Davis who ended up at FSU?

And even better, Duke had a safety named Chris Davis around the same time and all 3 were return men.

Remember when we got a verbal from Chris Davis, but for a short period of time we thought it was 4* or 5* WR Chris Davis who ended up at FSU?

And even better, Duke had a safety named Chris Davis around the same time and all 3 were return men.

If I recall, both our and FSU's Chris Davis were from St Pete, and our Chris Davis wasn't in the Scout database, so the only Chris Davis from St Pete that was in the database was the 4/5 star one.

If I recall, both our and FSU's Chris Davis were from St Pete, and our Chris Davis wasn't in the Scout database, so the only Chris Davis from St Pete that was in the database was the 4/5 star one.

Yeah. Both were from St. Pete. Good call remembering that ours wasn't in Scout.

Actually got kind of excited for a second, thought he had been traded to the Saints and I just didn't see or hear about it last week.

Yeah. The Duke guy may have been the best one. I know the other two got cups of coffee in the NFL.

wake's chris davis had legit 4.3 speed. unfortunately, it only led him to get out of bounds that much faster.

Wakes Chris Davis had a surprisingly good stint I believe with the Jets. Considering he never should have been in the league

Funny article about the 2 Chris Davis's

In signing the player who replaced Mike Williams on the roster, the Tennessee Titans created a bit of confusion Thursday.

The Titans signed wide receiver Chris Davis, giving them two players with that name, both of them at the receiver position.

But the link between the two players goes much deeper than that, as Chris Davis and Chris Davis have actually known each other since they were 8-years old and teammates on the Lakewood Junior Spartans in St. Petersburg, Fla.

Back then, Chris C. Davis, the Titans’ fourth-round pick in 2007 from Florida State, was a quarterback, and Chris T. Davis, the newcomer from Wake Forest via the New York Jets, was his top receiver.

That was one way they distinguished themselves from each other back then.

“What put us apart was that he played quarterback and I played receiver,” Chris T. Davis said.

As they went on through the ranks, both players wound up playing college football in the Atlantic Coast Conference and both even wore jersey No. 5 for their respective teams for a time.

So is it or was it confusing, and will it be again now that both players are Titans?

“I’m pretty used to it,” Chris C. Davis said. “Back home, we really know who they’re talking to when they say Chris. We’ve got a lot of nicknames, and people call him something totally different. The only time we might get confused is when people might call us C.D.”

So how about a scouting report on the newer Chris Davis from the older Chris Davis?

“He’s shifty and quick,” Chris C. Davis said. “We’ve got a lot of the same stuff. He’s very fast and has quick feet and good hands. Pretty much, we’re just alike — same name, same moves.”

Back