• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Johnson hatred thread

My first four was

Chris Johnson -
Peyton Hillis - what a bitch
Reggie Wayne - No Peyton
Kenny Britt - Out for season after being so AWESOME to start...

Still not in last place...

Damn. I took Brees in the 3rd round. But my 5th pick was LaGarrette Blount so I'm especially weak in the RB dept.

+1, especially given that I decided to start him instead of LeSean McCoy yesterday...

You had no starting spot for McCoy? Everyone was expecting him to have a monster day, Yahoo Fantasy predicted he'd score 20 points. I know because he got 35 and single handedly beat my team this week.

You had no starting spot for McCoy? Everyone was expecting him to have a monster day, Yahoo Fantasy predicted he'd score 20 points. I know because he got 35 and single handedly beat my team this week.

No, I did but decided to roll the dice with Pierre Thomas instead. McCoy hadn't given me much the past few weeks and he was going up again (statistically) the top rushing defense. I hadn't heard anyone predicting him to have a monster day.

Johnson and Thomas (de facto starter for NO, with Ingram out), on the other hand, were going up against (statistically) the 2 worst rush defenses.

Last edited:
Had
Johnson
Hillis
Britt

Thankfully traded Johnson for Andre Johnson (plus some other pieces on both sides). AJ got hurt the first week after I got him (and the week after I lost Britt) but at least I'll have him back at some time.

Fred Jackson is the main reason that my team is not horrible right now.

You are getting exactly what you deserve. In a lockout year with no offseason workouts, you have to be extra wary of players who likely have a low (or non-existent) personal work ethic outside of team exercises.

CJ was definitely the most likely to spend the entire offseason making it rain, upgrading his grill, and subsisting on diet on a diet composed solely of purpa drank and blunts. His performance this year shows it.

Hillis on the other hand, is inexplicable. When was the last time you saw a white running back start acting like a 12 year old girl after 12 games of decent NFL play.

You are getting exactly what you deserve. In a lockout year with no offseason workouts, you have to be extra wary of players who likely have a low (or non-existent) personal work ethic outside of team exercises.

CJ was definitely the most likely to spend the entire offseason making it rain, upgrading his grill, and subsisting on diet on a diet composed solely of purpa drank and blunts. His performance this year shows it.

Hillis on the other hand, is inexplicable. When was the last time you saw a white running back start acting like a 12 year old girl after 12 games of decent NFL play.

Raciost? Seriously though, I thought the money would motivate the guy to earn his paycheck. You know how after you get a raise, you don't want the boss to catch you slackin'.

I think you are reading too much into it. There have been many players that have testified that they heard other players say things like "now that I've got paid, I'm done.." Not everyone of course, but some.

That, in addition to 'making it rain'....

I think you are reading too much into it. There have been many players that have testified that they heard other players say things like "now that I've got paid, I'm done.." Not everyone of course, but some.

That, in addition to 'making it rain'....

true but this is only a problem for players that lack a great work ethic. I mean there are obviously numerous examples of players who haven't performed to the level expected after their contracts were signed and most were guys who had their work ethic questioned before hand. a guy like AP, amongst many others, proves that if you have a real work ethic, you will still compete at a high level. As a vikings fan, I can attest that Peterson has run as physical and as purposeful this year as he has ever in the past for the team. He just got a monster contract but because he loves football, his teammates, and competing he is still putting in the effort needed to be a top player. CJ2K seems to lack the inherent motivation to better himself, so once he got paid he got what he wanted

eta: the OL play has affected him but if you are truly a top RB you get over. Once again, see Peterson, Adrian for a guy running like wild-fire behind an OL not performing like it used to

Madden jinx has to trump the SI jinx.

I lost Kenny Britt Week 3, and was talking to a co-worker this morning on how much better it is to have a Britt than a Chris Johnson (extremely disappointing draft pick that you feel compelled to play each week).

And lol at playing Pierre Thomas over McCoy. When the talent difference is that big between the two players, who cares who the opponent is.

Here's your explanation:

peyton-hillis-madden-2012-cover.jpg

He's having a Shaun Alexander type drop off season.

Except he's 26 instead of 29.

Texans players were quoted after the game last week saying that he quit and would just run into the pile and go down.

don't let rashard mendenhall off the hook.

i am going to bench my #1 pick (4th-ish overall) this week. which sucks. luckily, through a few trades, i turned cam newton and pieces into ray rice and blount (if he ever plays). so all is not lost.

Back