• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christian relief organization World Vision to recognize employees same sex marriages

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/world-vision-to-recognize-employees-same-sex-marriages/2014/03/25/a377ff8e-b42b-11e3-bab2-b9602293021d_story.html
“I want to be clear that we have not endorsed same-sex marriage, but we have chosen to defer to the authority of local churches on this issue,” said World Vision’s U.S. President Rich Stearns in a letter to employees.

World Vision is the second-largest organization listed with the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability, behind Salvation Army. It also ranks among America’s top 10 charities, with revenue around $1 billion.

“I want to reassure you that we are not sliding down some slippery slope of compromise, nor are we diminishing the authority of Scripture in our work,” Stearns said. “We have always affirmed traditional marriage as a God-ordained institution. Nothing in our work around the world with children and families will change.”

and of course the Graham clan had to comment:

Billy Graham’s son Franklin Graham, president of the relief organization Samaritan’s Purse, said the new policy is “ungodly” while interviewed on Family Research Council’s radio program. He suggested that the organization could eventually approved of polygamous relationships.

“It’s obvious World Vision doesn’t believe in the Bible,” Graham said, who also released a statement. “I am sickened over it.”

and of course the Graham clan had to comment:

Billy Graham’s son Franklin Graham, president of the relief organization Samaritan’s Purse, said the new policy is “ungodly” while interviewed on Family Research Council’s radio program. He suggested that the organization could eventually approved of polygamous relationships.

It’s obvious World Vision doesn’t believe in the Bible,” Graham said, who also released a statement. “I am sickened over it.”

Hey Franklin, why don't you check on what the Bible says about those polygamous relationships.

Franklin Graham is dumb as a box of rocks. He invited noted Christians Trump and Palin to his dad's final sermon. Social conservatives are never going to give up on marginalizing gays, but a constitutional same-sex marriage ban amendment is never going to happen and losing an entire generation in a futile fight deeply compromises their future viability. Waging war against evangelical relief organizations, more inclusive Christian sects, the Boy Scouts, and the Girl Scouts also isn't in their long-term best interests.

Back