• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Christie may enter Presidential race

You guys pretend to know a public figure like you're her anlayst or something. Now that is funny. Frankly, I just think she makes your balls shrink up to the size of acorns if they aren't that size already. The mere thought of Palin influencing the political landscape makes you impotent. And that is where the anger comes from. I think small animals and large girls should stay away from you guys.

you are either kidding or a dumbass. i doubt you are dumb, so i'm going with kidding

Certainty matters, a lot. It matters more than the actual rate (within reason obviously). And obviously businesses want the rate lower. But certainty matters more.

How far out do they need this certainty to be able to do business? 5 years of fixed rates? 10?

That is what I don't understand. All of a sudden, modern American businesses need years of 'certainty' on individual federal income tax rates to effectively do business?

That is what I don't understand. All of a sudden, modern American businesses need years of 'certainty' on individual federal income tax rates to effectively do business?

Honestly, I think it's the uncertainty over the cost of complying with the layers of regualtion that Obama has added in less than 3 years. Obamacare, EPA regs and the growing deficit have a lot more to do with it than tax rates.

The majority of the US now thinks Obama will lose his re-election bid and I would imagine business executives feel the same. So I think they will continue to sit on cash until next November and hope for a better regulatory environment.

Honestly, I think it's the uncertainty over the cost of complying with the layers of regualtion that Obama has added in less than 3 years. Obamacare, EPA regs and the growing deficit have a lot more to do with it than tax rates.

What regulations, specifically?

I read there was a cement regulation that the GOP is convinced is what is holding back the housing market. Is that what you are talking about?

not a huge shock, but CC is officially out.

Bummer. For me as a Democrat, a Christie - Obama race is a win-win. I would be happy with either. All of the other Republicans can go bite me.

Disregarding I disagree with their beliefs, I think Christie is the only guy who could come in and run a White House from day 1. All the current Republicans will arguably be way more overwhelmed and make way more mistakes than Obama.

Christie got skillz. The rest of the Republicans have useful skillz, just not skillz helpful to be President.

not a huge shock, but CC is officially out.

some were talking about him for VP as the attack dog.

The problem I would see in this is Biden's mouth was considered a problem like your drunken unle's mouth at a family Xmas Party. Christie's combination of ego and mouth may come off as being a bully and mean.

The other problem is he would likely overshadow whomever the candidate is. Millions would prefer him to the top guy.

Wait a second, coudl we have a Pelican Brief situation? Could the big money guys set up a hit on the top guy before the election and raise Christie to the top slot? :)

It is the smart move for Christie. He isn't ready yet (although he is more ready than the other Pubs), and he hasn't finished what he came to do in New Jersey. Give him another term in Jersey, a probable Obama presidency (from the looks of things), and he will be the prime candidate to lead the Republican party back to the White House. He can spend the next four years fundraising, organizing his ground campaign, and becoming the face of the party.

My guess is that if Christie thought that Romney or Perry had a legitimate chance to win the presidency that he would enter his name. Because a win by the Republicans for President puts him at least 8 years if not 12 years away from a potential run. Obama supporters should be encouraged on two fronts: 1. The most dangerous Republican is not running 2. It seems clear that he doesn't think that the other Republican nominees are a serious threat to beat Obama.

Christie is showing more class than Palin saying he was elected and owed it to the peopel who elected him to stay more than twenty months.

So, it's okay if you're a senator but not if you are a governor?

RJ has a point. Palin didn't stop doing her job as Governor because she was elected to another, more prestigious position. She quit because it was no longer economically beneficial to herself to be tied up in Alaska when she needed to be going on book tours, speeches, and fundraising campaigns.

Obama 'quit' because he was elected to be the commander and chief of the most powerful nation in the world. There is a pretty big difference in the two scenarios.

Getting back to Christie - him not running makes me like him more. He doesn't feel it is his time, and he still has work to do in New Jersey. When he feels like it is his time to run, I will be more inclined to listen because it is very rare to see a politician with that sort of self-awareness.

Jeb Bush isn't very happy today. Hiks chances in 2016 took a hit this morning.

Getting back to Christie - him not running makes me like him more. He doesn't feel it is his time, and he still has work to do in New Jersey. When he feels like it is his time to run, I will be more inclined to listen because it is very rare to see a politician with that sort of self-awareness.

I'd call it political acumen, but that may be a distinction without a difference.

Back