• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chromebooks

I guess I should have included for like $400 or less.

Just like any other laptop purchase, it depends on what you value. Size, weight, screen, memory, speed, keyboard, HD space, durability, battery life. Without spending $1000, you'll end up with a Chromebook that is solid at some, but not all, of those areas. There are a lot of good options in that price range, but what's best is subjective.

My main complaint is it is difficult to get used to the smaller keyboard + mouse. I find it difficult to really be too productive using.

I have a very basic Acer Chromebook. It is outstanding for surfing the net, emailing. watching Hulu, Netflix, etc. Very lightweight and portable (makes my MacBook seem bulky and heavy.)

i own and highly suggest the toshiba chromebook 2. only chromebook with 1080p screen that i know of and it has built in skullcandy speakers that blast. also comes with 10GB googledrive cloud memory and 3 months of google play music premium (which i now pay for gladly) FO FREE!

Aren't these the ones with like very little hard drive and everything is in the cloud? That would freak me out a bit but they look cool. Very budget friendly!

Back