• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chromecast and Projector

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
I have a projector setup in the basement of the house I just bought. It is a sweet setup, but I am having a hard time figuring out the way to setup a Chromecast with sound from a surround system. The projector has an hdmi input, and the Chromecast will stream through that input. However, I cannot figure out a way to get my Vizio surround system to link to the projector. This is what the projector looks like for inputs:

025227d90deb15a644d0fa17ba2944ce.jpg

Last edited:
There should be an audio out port somewhere on the projector, can you hard connect them?

You need the HDMI from your projector to connect to your HDMI on your Receiver.

Misunderstood the issue. Can your Chromecast plug into your receiver? Then you should be able to alter the input selection on the receiver to use it... ?

Misunderstood the issue. Can your Chromecast plug into your receiver? Then you should be able to alter the input selection on the receiver to use it... ?

Hmm, into a DirecTv receiver? Isn't that only an output?

Last edited:
bluetooth connect to stereo from whatever device you're streaming from

Just post your name and address and we'll send rjkarl over to help you shortly.

Hmm, into a DirecTv receiver? Isn't that only an output?

No, your surround sound receiver. It should be setup to accept an audio/video input and then output the video to a screen, as opposed to a projector that is just designed to be an endpoint for video.

Chromecast should be plugged into the surround sound receiver input and then the video output from the surround sound receiver should run to the projector's video input.

No, your surround sound receiver. It should be setup to accept an audio/video input and then output the video to a screen, as opposed to a projector that is just designed to be an endpoint for video.

Chromecast should be plugged into the surround sound receiver input and then the video output from the surround sound receiver should run to the projector's video input.

Shit, okay. I will give that a shot when I get home today.

Back