• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chrysler calls out Romney or LIE about JEEP

Except the "facts" that were laid support the original post. If Romney had the first part of the column he had the last part column which shows no plants would be shut.

Then, it was shown, Jeep made another announcement showing Romney's statement to be false.

Romney has had nearly two days to at least say he made a mistake. He hasn't. He has no interest in telling the truth.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-denounces-Romney-comments-on-Jeep-production

rjkarl.gif

Obama just picked up 800 electoral votes after Romney's lie. Maybe 900.

And the title of this thread still confuses me. For that matter, so does everything that has transpired since.

I love the trajectory of this thread...

1. Call someone the most egregious liar ever.

2. Make it personal when some specifics are laid out that shed light on the accusation made.

3. Make more outrageous comments

4. Make analogy that is hard to follow.

5. Claim the moral high road

End of thread

That's the story arch of about 1/3rd of rj's threads.

You forgot "Complain that poster A is not like posters B, C & D (who aren't posting on this thread)", even though he has gotten into it in the past with posters B, C & D.

Last edited:
This thread is silly. The very first line in the OP is that Romney said "I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state Jeep — now owned by the Italians — is thinking of moving all production to China,". Unless RJ can prove that Romney didn't see a story that said that, even though said story was posted (badly written as it was), there is no way this is a "lie".

Also, I don't think I'm too far on a limb here that if an article came out saying that Romney ate babies and Obama happened to say he saw an article that Romney ate babies, there is no way in hell RJ would call out Obama as a liar. Harry Reid could even say "word on the street is Romney eats babies" and there would be all sorts of gymnastics defending that assertion.

This thread is silly. The very first line in the OP is that Romney said "I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state Jeep — now owned by the Italians — is thinking of moving all production to China,". Unless RJ can prove that Romney didn't see a story that said that, even though said story was posted (badly written as it was), there is no way this is a "lie".

Also, I don't think I'm too far on a limb here that if an article came out saying that Romney ate babies and Obama happened to say he saw an article that Romney ate babies, there is no way in hell RJ would call out Obama as a liar. Harry Reid could even say "word on the street is Romney eats babies" and there would be all sorts of gymnastics defending that assertion.

Even though we know the article he was referring to, and that article did not say they were thinking about shipping all jobs overseas, it's still OK for him to say that?

The way the article was written, you could definitely come away with the line Mitt gave after a quick skim. I agree, that isn't what the article was saying.

"...about making Jeeps in the world’s largest auto market, said Mike Manley...Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009..."We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”

However, this is pretty benign compared to some of the other crap flying around in this election.

It's been over two days since Romney was told he was wrong and shouldn't be using such tactics. Why can't he admit it?

He is clearly FOS and knows it. He doesn't have the decency or the morals to do the right thing after intentionally scaring an entire town.

My bad, he's above telling the truth or doing the right thing.

It's been over two days since Romney was told he was wrong and shouldn't be using such tactics. Why can't he admit it?

He is clearly FOS and knows it. He doesn't have the decency or the morals to do the right thing after intentionally scaring an entire town.

Perhaps he is just in the Halloween spirit!

Is he still repeating these claims?

To my knowledge he hasn't. However, he hasn't cleared up his BS remark.

This is even worse than his first effort.

He knows he's misleading people in Ohio but doesn't care. He has less morals than Richard Nixon.

HAVE SOME BALLS OBAMA DESTROY HIM ABOUT THIS!!!

If he only said it once, then refrained from repeating it once corrected, no big deal. Turning it into an advertisement when he knows it is false is awful.

Back