• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Church on Easter Sunday/The Religion Thread

Church on Easter Sunday

• Yes - I always go

Votes: 78 43.6%
  • Yes - It's one of the only days of the year I go

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Nope - I never go

Votes: 78 43.6%

• Total voters
Do I go? What church? Discuss? What's the question?

Last edited:
Not going this year, but it's normally one of the few times a year I attend church.

I've never understood why Easter is the one time people who rarely go to church actually go, especially if they aren't going as part of a family outing.

I noticed you kept the poll anonymous, likely in order to keep things from getting too ugly.

I went to a catholic school... christmas and easter are the two days you go to church right? :plos:

Ph its likely because it's the holiday the entire religion is based around.

Yeah, but if you don't adhere to that religion enough to go to church any other Sunday, why bother with this one?

Early poll results support my position.

Eh, whatever. I guess it's in the same vein as drinking on New Year's Eve and St. Patrick's Day and watching the Super Bowl. Even if you don't usually do it, if you care at all about doing it, that's when you do it.

Last edited:
I never go. Same as any other Sunday to me.

I'm actually about to go mow the yard, probably the only person in my neighborhood to be doing so this morning.

We don't go to church every Sunday by a long shot. Maybe once or twice a month. But we will definitely be there this morning (with a seven-year-old on a sugar high...yay me!).

it's cool guys. i only died and resurrected for you. do whatever you want today. no, seriously. i get it. the church is just soooo far away.

it's cool guys. i only died and resurrected for you. do whatever you want today. no, seriously. i get it. the church is just soooo far away.

This has promise.

Will rep when I get back to the computer. Only problem with tapatalk.

Yeah, but if you don't adhere to that religion enough to go to church any other Sunday, why bother with this one?

Early poll results support my position.

Its the same as people who go to church at Christmas as well. My wife is going this morning with her mom, neither of whom have gone in years. My wife says she "feels like she should go". In the South atleast, there is still an expectation that you go to church; if you don't attend regularly, then you make up for it by going on the major holidays.

I'm going with family. Its really about not disappointing my mother, who goes every Sunday, not making up for my lack of attendance.

I thought about going to go with family but then figured that with the crowd that always shows up, I'd be taking a seat from someone who really wanted to be there. That and there's epl on tv.

Also, I love how balanced the poll is right now. I wish I'd added another option for "Don't usually go ever but going with family/SO" but I thought about it too late.

Just like any other Sunday, you can spend your time in a much more effective fashion by sleeping, or watching TV.

zombie-jesus.gif

Back