• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Church on Easter Sunday/The Religion Thread

Church on Easter Sunday

• Yes - I always go

Votes: 78 43.6%
  • Yes - It's one of the only days of the year I go

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Nope - I never go

Votes: 78 43.6%

• Total voters
Just like any other Sunday, you can spend your time in a much more effective fashion by sleeping, or watching TV.

Pretty much. Slept until 10:30 this morning. Now hitting the office for a few hours to get a head start on the week. Later on I will probably sit outside and enjoy the start of the nice weather with a few summer beers.

I do wish I could spend some time with my family this weekend though :tear:

I love seeing this thread right next to the "How Many Times Have you Been High?" thread

easter is actually one of the only weekends of the year where i DON'T go to church. since freshman year of college, it's been tradition for me to be camping over easter weekend. i take my bible, do my own sunrise service. i don't know why, exactly, but i just find Jesus more in nature than i do in a building.

this year, a few of my old AT friends and i chose to put on a trail magic event this weekend. went to a bald mountain on the NC/TN border called beauty spot, and grilled burgers for hikers walking through. then i woke up early this morning and did my sunrise service while most everybody else was still sleeping.

easter is actually one of the only weekends of the year where i DON'T go to church. since freshman year of college, it's been tradition for me to be camping over easter weekend. i take my bible, do my own sunrise service. i don't know why, exactly, but i just find Jesus more in nature than i do in a building.

this year, a few of my old AT friends and i chose to put on a trail magic event this weekend. went to a bald mountain on the NC/TN border called beauty spot, and grilled burgers for hikers walking through. then i woke up early this morning and did my sunrise service while most everybody else was still sleeping.

I could see these in a Hipster Christian meme.

that's my dad you've stumbled upon. he created that shit. i hate the outdoors, particularly worms, on account of hmmmmm i was BURIED with them for 3 days. i hung on a wooden cross, you can sit your ass in a wooden pew. i'm going to let it slide this time, because the bible/burger combo was a nice touch. i have a soft spot for grilled meat.

it's cool guys. i only died and resurrected for you. do whatever you want today. no, seriously. i get it. the church is just soooo far away.

I don't know who you are, but you are a blasphemer. I hope you have some fireproof underpants because you're going to need them where you're going for the afterlife!

BirtherDeac vs. Jesus Christ.

God, I humbly pray that these posters are actually funny because this could be an epic thread. Yeah verily I believe BirtherDeac is unfunny and this will likely be pathetic.

<------ pretty much every Sunday I am working with the elementary kids at Bridges Church....if I'm in town. We meet at the Carmike Theater at the corner of Reynolda & Yadkinville Rd.

Nothing on that link.

I've never understood why Easter is the one time people who rarely go to church actually go, especially if they aren't going as part of a family outing.

Probably because the resurrection of the body of Jesus Christ is the primary tenet of the Christian religion.

You don't get my point, wakephan. There are two questions here:

Why would someone who believes in the resurrection of Jesus Christ rarely go to church and only go on Easter?

Why would you assume someone who rarely goes to church is Christian enough that they'd go out of their way to go to church one or two Sundays out of the year?

Again, the results support my point. Only 22% of the posters who don't regularly go to church go on Easter Sunday.

At my church, we didn't have nearly as many visitors as I expected.

BirtherDeac vs. Jesus Christ.

God, I humbly pray that these posters are actually funny because this could be an epic thread. Yeah verily I believe BirtherDeac is unfunny and this will likely be pathetic.
whatever. my only step taken was to hit up santa on the SMS. birther should find himself on the "accidentally end up in east winston after missing the exit for kohl's" list this holiday season. i appreciate churchgoers as much as the next deity, but it can't cure idiocy.

Back