• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

City in Decline?

94Deac

Grouchy SOB
Reaction score
http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/news/local/atlanta-tops-list-of-relocation-spots/nT9Gb/

For the third year in a row Atlanta beat out other major cities as the most popular place to relocate...

2. Dallas-Fort Worth: Even with all the nightlife, shopping and entertainment that residents rave about, home prices remain at around $61,000.

3. Phoenix: With an average temp is 70 degrees in February, people forget about the city’s sweltering 100s in the summer. Residents enjoy kayaking, hiking and biking in spring and winter. The median home sale price: $131,000.

4. Orlando, Fla: Orlando isn’t just Mickey Mouse, says Penske. It’s one of the world’s largest golf destinations. Fishing, boating and other outdoor activities year-round is a definite draw. So are median home sale prices of $116,000.

5. Chicago: Residents enjoy food from all over the world; entertainment that ranges from world-famous ballet to local rock and blues bands. Reliable public transit is a big plus, and the median home sale price is $190,000.

6. Houston:The city boasts mild winters, hot summers and Southern hospitality. Plenty of job opportunities, and homes sell for a median price of $124,050.

7. Denver: The “mile high” city draws residents who want to work hard and play hard, says Penske. Skiing and snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking and hiking in the summer are big draws. Median home sale price is $233,950.

8. Seattle: The rainy city offers gorgeous mountain and water views from the famous Space Needle, generally mild temps and homes sell for a median price of $362,500.

9. Charlotte, N.C.: The city was named the second largest financial center by assets, behind New York City in 2011. Charlotte crows about the NASCAR Hall of Fame, public golf courses and other attractions. Average home sales are set at $162,000.

10. Sarasota, Fla.: Sarasota is home to Siesta Key Beach, named regularly as one of the top three beaches in the U.S. The city bosts rides, eco-tours, and a median home sale price of $165,000.

The avg home price in Seattle was a little eye-opening. I love Seattle but that was surprising. They do have a high density population so that probably accounts for demand.

ga-atlanta.jpg

No way the average home price in Dallas is $61k. $161k maybe.

Camden is a city in decline.

Talk to me when your city has had a 40 page write up in Sky Mall magazine. Boom.

winston_salem_main.jpg

the further south you go the more you see idiots still fighting the civil war.

don't see it much in NC
some of it in SC (they seem to be quite proud for firing on fort sumter)
it really starts to get bad in georgia, alamaba and mississippi
don't know about louisiana
florida doesn't count

i guess i have no point other than GA really sucks

the further south you go the more you see idiots still fighting the civil war.

don't see it much in NC
some of it in SC (they seem to be quite proud for firing on fort sumter)
it really starts to get bad in georgia, alamaba and mississippi
don't know about louisiana
florida doesn't count

i guess i have no point other than GA really sucks

FUCK YOU.

If its so shitty, tell your yankee cunt friends to move back home to where you scumbags come from...

Imagine if Atlanta had a real public transportation service?

I know right?

Tee hee hee, coming from Charlotte its kinda cute in a lil brother way.

Today it set in how cool it would have been for the Falcons to be at the SB this week. UGH.

Btw, nasty tornados moving through the South today, so in all seriousness, think good thoughts for the folks that are affected.

Tee hee hee, coming from Charlotte its kinda cute in a lil brother way.

Today it set in how cool it would have been for the Falcons to be at the SB this week. UGH.

Btw, nasty tornados moving through the South today, so in all seriousness, think good thoughts for the folks that are affected.

Not from Charlotte.

FUCK YOU.

If its so shitty, tell your yankee cunt friends to move back home to where you scumbags come from...

truth hurts, doesn't it nancy.

let's examine the state of GA
- atlanta would be a great city if all the white flight didn't happen. instead it a sprawling mess of shit.
- savannah is great
- the rest of the state is a bunch of RULZ

Back