• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Civil Liberty Voters Should Embrace a Trump Presidency

jhmd2000

Unacceptably correct
Reaction score
Here's one point of view:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...executive-action-order-power-column/84907556/

Related: U.S. combat death coverage will likely resume. For the first time in a while, pictures of dignified transfer are making their return to the pages of major media outlets.

If you're still pouting about the results last week, at least you can look forward to the renewal of a serious effort at checking Executive overreach by the media. The pom-poms have been boxed up for a while, which is a healthy thing for the country.

Here's one point of view:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...executive-action-order-power-column/84907556/

Related: U.S. combat death coverage will likely resume. For the first time in a while, pictures of dignified transfer are making their return to the pages of major media outlets.

If you're still pouting about the results last week, at least you can look forward to the renewal of a serious effort at checking Executive overreach by the media. The pom-poms have been boxed up for a while, which is a healthy thing for the country.

yes plz

Putting aside the race-baiting premise of the article, he raises good points. Dems allowed Obama to wield a lot of power because they trusted him. People can disagree on this, but I think largely their trust was merited. Obama is a decent guy who genuinely tried to do the right thing for the country and was very conscious of not exercising the powers of his office unnecessarily.

However, Dems certainly overlooked the fact that Obama's time would come to an end and there was no guarantee that the next President to come along could be trusted with the power that Obama was given.

Putting aside the race-baiting premise of the article, he raises good points. Dems allowed Obama to wield a lot of power because they trusted him. People can disagree on this, but I think largely their trust was merited. Obama is a decent guy who genuinely tried to do the right thing for the country and was very conscious of not exercising the powers of his office unnecessarily.

However, Dems certainly overlooked the fact that Obama's time would come to an end and there was no guarantee that the next President to come along could be trusted with the power that Obama was given.

This makes me cringe. Of course he did what he thought was right for the country. That's what all Presidents think they are doing. That does not mean you get to run around appropriate process. All that overreach by Obama is now going to be in the hands of Trump. And while the media won't give Trump the same leniency, it is still scary. Wrong is wrong.

This makes me cringe. Of course he did what he thought was right for the country. That's what all Presidents think they are doing. That does not mean you get to run around appropriate process. All that overreach by Obama is now going to be in the hands of Trump. And while the media won't give Trump the same leniency, it is still scary. Wrong is wrong.

I agree with this.

Obama: ah, i've built an opaque oversightless tech-panopticon that requires a benevolent philosopher-king. now to take a big sip of water

Pompeo as CIA director should scare the shit out of everyone.

I think it's from from guaranteed that Trump is going to do what he thinks is best for the country as opposed to what's best for Trump. It's not like he would be the first: see Nixon

you are in a partisan fog you make no sense to anyone who is not in the same fog

Are you saying only partisans are worried Trump will do what's best for Trump instead of what's best for the country?

no, I am saying that he is in a partisan fog, but you know that Ph, you can read

in the future please save your deliberate misrepresentations and misconstructions for yourself

I thank you in advance not only on my own behalf but on the behalf of many other posters

You just said his statement that Trump will do what's best for Trump made no sense to someone who isn't as partisan as him.

How is that misinterpretation?

you are in a partisan fog you make no sense to anyone who is not in the same fog

I don't understand this. It's partisan to worry that Trump might do what's best for Trump rather than what's best for the country?

yes you do

you are intelligent enough to understand, even at first reading, that speculating maliciously only about Republican presidents' motivations is partisan

your other posts on various threads provide strong evidence that you are stuck in a partisan fog, free yourself from it, do it ASAP, you'll feel better as a result

Says the guy who's next criticism of Trump or a 'pub will be his first. Physician, heal thyself.

Another dumb post without basis. Run along now and abuse our patience no more.

I understand the truth is a foreign concept to a loyal Breitbart reader. Feel free to bury your head in the sand and consider yourself enlightened.

yes you do

you are intelligent enough to understand, even at first reading, that speculating maliciously only about Republican presidents' motivations is partisan

your other posts on various threads provide strong evidence that you are stuck in a partisan fog, free yourself from it, do it ASAP, you'll feel better as a result

Well it's not speculation. There's already evidence that he's using the office for personal financial gain

Another dumb post without basis. Run along now and abuse our patience no more.

During the past seven days, Trump has told Indian business people that staying at his hotels would be "looked upon favorably" and asked the President of Argentina if he could help Trump with permits for Trump properties.

Trump should already be under ethics investigation.

Back