• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ gets 3rd team all ACC (McKie HM)

PilotDeac

Reaction score
http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030512aai.html

Congrats to CJ!

I don't think that I would have put Barnes on 1st team but thats just me. It would have been way worse if 4 UNC guys made 1st team.

ROY and POY have yet to be named. Close race between Zeller and Scott. I think Scott deserves it, but Zeller will probably get it.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: Full teams

FIRST TEAM
Tyler Zeller, North Carolina (186)
Mike Scott, Virginia (184)
John Henson, North Carolina (170)
Austin Rivers, Duke (164)
Harrison Barnes, North Carolina (153)

SECOND TEAM
Kendall Marshall, North Carolina (151)
Terrell Stoglin, Maryland (131)
Michael Snaer, Florida State (127)
C.J. Leslie, NC State (99)
Erick Green, Virginia Tech (70)

THIRD TEAM
Seth Curry, Duke (65)
C.J. Harris, Wake Forest (57)
Lorenzo Brown, NC State (52)
Kenny Kadji, Miami (45)
Mason Plumlee, Duke (43)

HONORABLE MENTION
Bernard James, Florida State (42); Andre Young, Clemson (35); Travis McKie, Wake Forest (26); Durand Scott, Miami (26).

ACC ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM*
John Henson, North Carolina (61)
Bernard James, Florida State (54)
Jontel Evans, Virginia (39)
Michael Snaer, Florida State (31)
Andre Young, Clemson (29)

ACC ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM*
Austin Rivers, Duke (61)
Ryan Anderson, Boston College (61)
Dorian Finney-Smith, Virginia Tech (53)
Shane Larkin, Miami (43)
Nick Faust, Maryland (41)

*One voter did not vote for the all-defensive or all-freshman teams.

Last edited:
Zeller will likely get it, he was the only unanimous first team selection (which says something about the people that get to vote on these - who in the heck didn't put Scott on the first team?)

LOL at the clown(s) that didn't vote Scott 1st team.

I don't have any real issues there. Duke and UNC are the two best teams so no surprise they have 4 of the 5 players on the First team along with Mike Scott from UVA.

Like I said in the other thread, some idiot Tarheel voted to put Scott on the third team or two idiot Tarheels voted to put him on the second team.

Idiots.

I may be an eternal optimist when is comes to Wake sports, but next year I hope to see CJ and Travis on the First or Second teams along with a Wake player or 2 on the All-Freshman team.

Congrats CJ. If he's a first teamer next year I think we have a great shot at an NCAA bid.

I also said on the other thread that CJ is better than Rivers, at least as indicated by every stat I thought to look up.

Like I said in the other thread, some idiot Tarheel voted to put Scott on the third team or two idiot Tarheels voted to put him on the second team.

Idiots.

Didn't some idiot tar heel essentially do the same to McKie last year in the ROY balloting so as to make sure that Barnes was the only unanimous selection?

I have said this before, but it is worth repeating again----- Harrison Barnes may be the most overrated player in college basketball today.

Didn't some idiot tar heel essentially do the same to McKie last year in the ROY balloting so as to make sure that Barnes was the only unanimous selection?

I have said this before, but it is worth repeating again----- Harrison Barnes may be the most overrated player in college basketball today.

Could have.

Agree on Barnes. Criminally overrated.

I would have gone with Bernard James over Plumlee on 3rd team.

Zeller is going to be the worst ACC POY since Dudley in '07 and Hodge in '04.

I think Barnes is the fourth best all-around college player on the UNC team.

Zeller, Henson (because of defense as well as offense), and Marshall (point guard play, pushing tempo, general floor captain) have all been more integral and better than Barnes this year IMO

fyi, here are Rivers and Barnes conference stats

Rivers: 44.6% FG, 36.0% 3-PT, 59% FT, 15.6 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 2.3 TOPG
Barnes: 43.2% FG, 33.9% 3-PT, 74% FT, 17.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 0.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.8 TOPG

Back