• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Harris All-Time Ranks (Updated) / Appreciation Thread

stonz

Reaction score
Been meaning to start a thread like this for a while. Feel like today's as good a day as any. Obviously CJ's career is not going to be considered much of a success from a team perspective, but individually, his name will be all over the all-time record book. Here's where he stands right now:

Points Scored: CJ entered this year 33rd all-time with 1,136. He is currently 19th all-time at 1,505, with a good chance to move up to 17th before the year is over.

Assists: CJ entered the year outside the top 15 (which is all the media guide shows). Currently up to 272 assists, good for 15th all-time. 16 assists out of 12th.

Free Throw Percentage: CJ entered this year 9th all-time at 83%. Shooting 86% this year, he's moved up to nearly 84%, now 6th all-time.

Free Throws Made: CJ entered this year 11th all-time at 395. Now at 503, he's 7th all-time. Less than 20 away from passing Tim Duncan for 6th.

Free Throws Attempted: CJ entered this year outside the top 12 (which is all the media guide shows). Now in 8th all-time with 602.

3-pointers Made: CJ entered this year 14th all-time with 103. Now up to 142, 8th all-time. (Sidebar: I knew Childress was awesome...but 329? Insane.) CJ needs 10 more to pass Rusty for 7th.

3-pointers Attempted: CJ entered this year 13th all-time with 280 attempts. Now up to 379 attempts, 8th all-time.

Games Played: With 4 more regular season games and an ACC tournament game, CJ is guaranteed (barring injury) to finish at least in a tie for 15th all-time in games played.

Games Started: CJ entered this year outside the top 12 with 83 starts. With another 26 starts this year, CJ is up to 109, 7th all-time.

Minutes Played: CJ is up to 3,773 minutes played, which ranks 5th all-time.

Pretty impressive career, especially considered the talent level he's been surrounded by. I know next Saturday is all about cp3, but hopefully CJ's Senior Day isn't entirely lost in the shuffle. He's given a lot to Wake Forest.

Last edited:
That's amazing about the FTs. More than Duncan!!!

Love CJ. Wish he'd been here in better years.

yet some how someway people think we will be better next year without him and with no replacement in sight.

Great idea for a thread. A shame about the circumstances around his career; he has been a really good college basketball player.

The kid went bananas against Miami. Have always enjoyed rooting for CJ.

yet some how someway people think we will be better next year without him and with no replacement in sight.

Not saying I won't miss CJ and all he's meant, but the plan now is Madison at the point and CMM a the number 2. With Overton coming in, I' think we'll be ok there, especially if Madison and CMM continue to play like they did today.

gotta give my BOI apetit some props. he was on the cj bandwagon really early. made a comparison to jon scheyer when he was a frosh which i think was pretty strong.

It's a cliche but I really think CJ has gotten more out of his given talent than any player in the ACC. The basketball court is his office and he goes to work every day. I have always appreciated his effort and the results.

Solid Scheyer comparison (and bonus points for the rare cross-racial comparison). Obviously can't stand Duke, but I admired Scheyer for coming in basically as a homeless man's Redick and really expanding his skill set over four years even to the extent of being a pretty good point guard as a senior.

I absolutely love CJ Harris. He's stuck with Wake through a horrible stretch and had the pride to continue developing his game and providing great leadership. He's not the most talented player who has ever come through Wake, but he has absolutely reached his potential. He's to be commended for that, and will forever be loved by Wake Forest fans.

And people think we'll be OK without him next year....

CJ is definitely one of my all time favorite Deacs. It's been fun watching him play and see him give his all during some of the most frustrating times in recent WFU bball history. The stats are amazing. Absolutely Great Thread. Nice to see some positivity on this board.

Back