• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I was up to 1700+ for some reason. Just lost a bunch on purpose to get my down below 1400 while I try to upgrade my cannons, etc...

OK, I have 4-star wallbreakers and giants. What should I upgrade next? go to 4-star on barbs, gobs, or archers? 2-star archers? or save up for 2-star dragons?

I tend to suggest you upgrade the units in order of use in your attacks. Personally I would, and did, go goblins, archers, wizards (assume this is what you meant by 2 star archers), and barbs. But I used goblins a lot when I was a lower rank. Think most people would go archer or barb.

Can't disagree with BTD. I personally upgraded my archers first, then wiz, then giants, then barbs, etc. Currently 5* on arch/wiz and will be on giants too in a couple days. Next up will be barbs/wallbreaks/gobs/balloons (till I can save 3M for 3* drags).

upgrading wallbreakers first was a good move for me. 4star wallbreakers make big holes.

raiding for loot with cheap barbs and goblins is fun - until a dragon pops out of the victim's clan castle. ouchies. plan to upgrade archers next to help me with that situation.

I find that about 80 archers and 120 goblins is a pretty good CHEAP attack strategy. I can even occasionally win the battle with that. I fluxuate from 1200-1500 trophies lately and I usually use this strategy between wars. But I also have level 5 for both of them. Big diff between level 4 and level 5.

level 8 teslas and changes to valkyrie announced so far for next update.

Great attack strategy once you get upgrades: 28 level 5 hogriders, 4 level three dragons, 5 level 5 health spells, Archer Queen, Barbarian King, and full clan castle. Send the hogriders in first, and use all spells to keep them alive to take out as much defense weapons as possible (they hit all defense first before going for loot or non-defense structures. Send the rest in for cleanup. Can take out most any village that I encounter in the range I'm in currently (1800ish).

Great attack strategy once you get upgrades: 28 level 5 hogriders, 4 level three dragons, 5 level 5 health spells, Archer Queen, Barbarian King, and full clan castle. Send the hogriders in first, and use all spells to keep them alive to take out as much defense weapons as possible (they hit all defense first before going for loot or non-defense structures. Send the rest in for cleanup. Can take out most any village that I encounter in the range I'm in currently (1800ish).

Hog riders really are way too over powered. A large group of them plus spells are basically unstoppable.

Hog riders really are way too over powered. A large group of them plus spells are basically unstoppable.

Inferno towers and upgraded X-bows kill hogs pretty fast. Once you get up to crystal and masters you gotta get upgraded freeze spells to take out the infernos.

My current strategy:

1. Archers or 1 hog to draw out heroes or clan castle troops
2. lightning spell to kill drawn out cc troops
3. barbs/archers/minions to kill drawn out heroes
4. send in 10-12 giants to draw xbow / inferno fire
5. 7-8 Wall breakers to clear space for giants
6. hogs plus heal spells to take out all defenses
7. heros and remaining archers to clean up

Last edited:
Just returned from Brazil, sorry about the lack of wars the last two weeks

woot, new update looks money. you can watch clan war battles live.

Hey guys, I decided to split and join a friend's clan. Probably taking Guido with me if he hasn't split already. I was pretty useless anyway unless the other clan had total pussies that weren't already 3 starred

if you guys war on weekends, let me know. I'd come over for a war

Jumped off to another clan and have learned a couple things, namely what is already outlined above. Hogs are awesome at my current level. I'm not completely worthless in wars now.

We were down like 45-10 or something in the last war and came back to win 55-52. I got a nerd boner.

Back