• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Class Ring?

wfufb2014

Reaction score
Any of you guys have a class ring? Trying to figure out which one to get.

I have an Art Carved ring, mostly because I liked their design and price compared to the Jostens. I wore it for maybe a year or so, and now it just sits in a jewelry box collecting dust. Of the people I knew who ordered them, I cant think of any that still wears the ring.

Just my opinion, but if you're looking to spend the money on some sort of keepsake, I'd get a nice diploma frame.

agree with tsy. wish I had just kept the cash.

IMHO, save your money. Male or female, most folks don't wear their class rings after their mid twenties. This seems especially true for men. I got a Wake one with the stone and the fraternity letters because that's what my Dad had at UF. But it was unwieldy to type with and a pain in the ass to take on and off (at night, at the pool, whatever). It was also gaudy. The smaller rings are probably easier and are lower profile, but here's a head's up'; nobody gives a fiddler's fuck where you went to college after you're around thirty or so. Mine wound up in a drawer; now, sadly, after a few moves I don't know where it is. But I wouldn't wear it if I did.

Spend your money on something fun and worthwhile. Skip the class ring. If you want one down the road, you can always order one later in life with your grad year on it.

IMHO, save your money. Male or female, most folks don't wear their class rings after their mid twenties. This seems especially true for men. I got a Wake one with the stone and the fraternity letters because that's what my Dad had at UF. But it was unwieldy to type with and a pain in the ass to take on and off (at night, at the pool, whatever). It was also gaudy. The smaller rings are probably easier and are lower profile, but here's a head's up'; nobody gives a fiddler's fuck where you went to college after you're around thirty or so. Mine wound up in a drawer; now, sadly, after a few moves I don't know where it is. But I wouldn't wear it if I did.

Spend your money on something fun and worthwhile. Skip the class ring. If you want one down the road, you can always order one later in life with your grad year on it.

People don't care when it's work-related. They do care when it's sports-related, which blows for us...

This, almost exactly

Thanks for the input, guys. I am actually ordering one later in life (graduated a few years ago) and I know that I will wear it. Definitely looking for something lower profile, but I noticed a lot of people have the bigger, more classic looking ones. Think I am going to go with a smaller one, but was just curious as to what style/size people on here had.

I think the school plays a big factor in whether you wear it or not. Off the top of my head I know The Citadel, UVA and TAMU all wear them pretty regularly.

I still wear my class ring every day, but I realize that's not normal. Mine is like the bottom left ring.

18_bagarti_custom_ring.jpg

I still wear mine- 10K yellow gold with a black onyx stone. I considered it as the only way to go given our school colors. :thumbsup:

My son graduated from MSD two years back and he has one of the yellow gold signet rings as pictured above.

I wore my signet ring for over 10 years. Got a lot of compliments on it. Don't wear it any more.

Absolutely wish I'd spend that money on something else.

Did not want one when I finished school and have never regretted not buying one. Agree with the suggestions to spend the money on something else.

Back